Dealer & Delivery issues

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It sure sounds like Kubota is trying help so that is great for the individual…good luck and keep us posted how final resolution/result comes through.

Separate from that, I understand what everybody says that it is a tractor, however it’s still the individuals money IMO. To some it’s a prized possession…doesn’t matter a tractor or not…it’s hard earned money (hopefully 😉) and the expectation should not be customer pays for someone’s accident or negligence…in fact I am sure it was factor in the sell price already(there is overhead and mark up in there as well as warrantee expense too)so asking customer to pay again is sort of shitty, if that is what happened. And in simplest terms it does as much good in the buyers pocket as a sellers….I am not saying anyone needs to be beaten down and not make money, but it’s new and being sold at new price…not new with shipping damage etc price. On the flip side of the coin, when the dealer holds the cards to buy used bet they don’t try to offer to much and do make notes of damage and wear to get the price lower. So IMO it’s sort of a 2 way street.

It is a 100% dealer responsibility to deliver a NEW tractor with a blemish free hood!
No, ...if, .....ands.....or buts....about it!
The buyer pays for the absolute right to add his own dents when appropriate. 😪

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I would ask the dealer if he bought a new Lincoln, Cadillac, Tesla, or some other vehicle that cost what that tractor costs, would he accept a vehicle in the condition that the Kubota is in? I'll be that the answer will be a no, but to the dealer, the Kubota is a tool, and the Lincoln, Cadillac, and Tesla are luxury vehicles to be pampered. I know lots of Kubota equipment owners that take better care of their Kubotas than they take care of their trucks.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
ah but you can't compare tractors to cars ,according to post #14...;)
BTW I consider the L,C and T to be TOOLS, NO different than my Kubota or Estwing Hammers..

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I would ask the dealer if he bought a new Lincoln, Cadillac, Tesla, or some other vehicle that cost what that tractor costs, would he accept a vehicle in the condition that the Kubota is in? I'll be that the answer will be a no, but to the dealer, the Kubota is a tool, and the Lincoln, Cadillac, and Tesla are luxury vehicles to be pampered. I know lots of Kubota equipment owners that take better care of their Kubotas than they take care of their trucks.
I'll drink to that, since I R one!

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
re: Remember we arent buying a car here.

Never understood why the comparison, but, ok...
A LOT of brand new cars have LOUSY paint jobs, usually LOTS of 'orange peel'. Sad that 'they' can't get a couple of robots to paint in a super clean, environmentally controlled paint booth. Millions of cars are produced on the assembly line, so it's easy to 'dial in the numbers' to get great quality control. Even the $80K+ E-stang that was in my driveway had orange peel. It's no longer in my driveway.

As for 'pre delivery rust'..,it shows lack of care on whomever was moving it, or it's sa soooo long outside, Mother Nature had her way. Chipped paint AFTER being used is acceptable...nature of the beast but NOT before.
The comparison is your car isnt digging dirt, moving rocks, plowing, mowing, or doing any number of tasks that subject machinery to rust and excess dirt. Look no further than a digging bucket or FEL bucket. They dont stay painted for long. Not unless you live in the city on a mowed lawn and dig up flowers with the backhoe. Whats the point in stressing about paint that will get rubbed off anyway.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: The comparison is your car isnt digging dirt, moving rocks, plowing, mowing, or doing any number of tasks that subject machinery to rust and excess dirt.

Well several of my cars did ! '73 CJ-5 was off road more than being on pavement.Clearing brush out of 2 creeks, towing tandem discs over 5 acres to prep for grass seed,towing logs out of the bush. Used my '67 fb 'stang to yank out overgrown cedars at this place.

The real point is any BRAND NEW vehicle, direct from DEALER is SUPPOSED to be 'factory fresh', pristine, clean, pretty, a virgin and NOT beatup,used ,abused...DAMAGED

Reactions: 1 users