Deal Killer? No Rear Hydraulic Control

MTBob

Equipment
2018 L6060 HSTC Kubota, Land Pride blade RB3785
Aug 10, 2019
Belgrade, Montana
First, I'm new to this forum, this is my first post.
I'm seriously looking at purchasing a Grand L 4060 or L4760 with Cab.
Use of this tractor will include a variety of rear implements, e.g. blade, brush hog, snow blower, etc.
Having wrestled with rear connections on a Massey 65 for the past 30 years, I want to get a tractor in which I can easily switch implements by myself with little fuss.
Apparently none of the Kubota tractor models come with a rear hydraulic control for raising / lowering the lower 3 point hitch arms. However, it looks like Kioti includes this as a standard feature on their comparable tractors.
I prefer Kubota over the Kioti, but the lack of rear controls is troubling. I DO NOT want to jump in and out of a cab to fiddle with pin height adjustments.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Use of this tractor will include a variety of rear implements, e.g. blade, brush hog, snow blower, etc.
Having wrestled with rear connections on a Massey 65 for the past 30 years, I want to get a tractor in which I can easily switch implements by myself with little fuss.
Apparently none of the Kubota tractor models come with a rear hydraulic control for raising / lowering the lower 3 point hitch arms. However, it looks like Kioti includes this as a standard feature on their comparable tractors.
I prefer Kubota over the Kioti, but the lack of rear controls is troubling. I DO NOT want to jump in and out of a cab to fiddle with pin height adjustments.
Simple fix, set everything up for a Quick hitch.
The only things I have to jump off for is to connect / disconnect PTO and rise and lower the jack stand on some things.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Have the dealer include a Landpride one in with the tractor purchase.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It's too bad the Allis-Chalmers Snap Coupler system didn't become 'THE' standard. I can put any SC implement on any of my A-C tractors in less than 30 seconds and not have to adjust the 'top link'. I've adapted all my 3point implements to SC..never have to get off the tractor seat !
Maybe check 'after market' mfrs to see if they offer a 'kit' ? Essentially the 'remote' could just be a stout 'control cable' attached to the 3pt up-dn lever, similar to adding a dashboard throttle to say a rototiller.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Extendable lift arm ends are standard equipment on the L6060. Not sure but I expect that they are optional on smaller GL tractors. Works well for me.

Rear, fender mounted lift controls, while common on large AG tractors are not common on CUTs and utility tractors. The new M4 tractor has a mechanical lift control at the rear.

SDT

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I like the Quick Hitch. Wish the had a QH option for the PTO because that can be a pain at time, but the QH for the implements is nice.

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
providing the implement is always at the same location, toss a 3' long 4by4 or 6by6 in front of it. Backup tractor, lower(float) arms onto wood,dismount, grab an arm slide onto implement pin, walk around ,repeat for other side.