Cutting height control dial

RichAllyn

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 25, 2020
Athens, PA
This is my first spring to cut grass with this new bx23s. I'm having a hard time turning this dial. Talk to the dealer and was told to keep working the control lever to free the dial up. Also he said it will get better once broke in. I'm sure this is something lots of people have no problem with but I need some help.

Thanks

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Raise the 3pt/deck all the way up, then adjust height knob ( mine only turns 1 way -B2370 ) then lower deck.

Reactions: 2 users

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
As noted previously, raise the 3 pt all the way to the top, then turn the dial/knob. It only turns one way----numbers increasing. That is, if it's set at 3, you can't turn it back to 2. You have to go past 4, Top, 1, 2. You may also have to adjust the nut located above your left rear wheel to get it to operate smoothly. Instructions for adjusting that are in your ops manual.

Reactions: 1 user

RichAllyn

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 25, 2020
Athens, PA
As noted previously, raise the 3 pt all the way to the top, then turn the dial/knob. It only turns one way----numbers increasing. That is, if it's set at 3, you can't turn it back to 2. You have to go past 4, Top, 1, 2. You may also have to adjust the nut located above your left rear wheel to get it to operate smoothly. Instructions for adjusting that are in your ops manual.
I have raised the 3 PT all the way up several times. I will look at the nut tomorrow that you mentioned and see if an adjustment will work on this. The ops manual, tractor or mower manual?

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
Bx 2370-1 I can turn the adjuster knob both ways.??? Like others mentioned have the deck lifted all the way up before trying to turn it.

Reactions: 1 user