Cow Farts

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
So BK has an ad where they claim that their cattle are fed lemon grass which reduces methane emissions by 30percent. Anyone understand how that works?

Reactions: 2 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
It's burping that gives rise to most of the methane...when they chew their cud.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
If you read about the research this is BS, (intended). The report is about giving the cattle the lemongrass for only the last 3 or 4 months of their life. The article said the cattle are slaughtered around 18 months. So they are making the gas for a few months less of their total lives. It is just marketing BS that BK is playing with peoples minds.

If they are so concerned about the environment why are they still selling beef at all? Why are they in business? Why not give the food away? We could all sit around in our Honda Prius and munch out on our vegan burgers. And sing Kumbaya. As the cities are burned down by the protesters.

Reactions: 1 users

cjoffutt

Oct 14, 2019
Indiana
All I know is this commercial has caused myself and my family to not eat there anymore. 2+ minutes of annoying kids singing/yoldeling about how cows are evil and we are the problem just doesn't sit well with me.

Reactions: 5 users

Ryan Adam

Equipment
Rotary Cutter or Grooming Mower,Tractor Loader
Jun 9, 2020
Los Angeles
All I know is this commercial has caused myself and my family to not eat there anymore. 2+ minutes of annoying kids singing/yoldeling about how cows are evil and we are the problem just doesn't sit well with me.
i understand you very well