couple new guy questions on L185

Arkansas Dave

Equipment
L185, Frontier GM1060R finish mower, 4ft box blade,middle buster, behlen blade
Jul 12, 2021
Arkansas
I have a couple questions on this new to me L185 I looked on all four tires and can't find the psi for the tires. I know it's usually in fine print I did see
on the front don't exceed 35 psi seating bead but not normal operating pressure. They are definitely low but I don't want to overfill them, also I was
going to pressure was the engine and tractor before changing the oil today and was wondering if there is anything I need to watch out for? (not get
wet) want to try and get this ol tractor in top shape so it will last allot longer. The fuel filter was just changed so I will replace that next spring and the
battery is brand new. Also I am going to replace the coolant does it just use the plain old green type or something special?

Thanks
David

Arkansas Dave

Equipment
Jul 12, 2021
Arkansas
I did find a chart just now that says about 24-32 front and 12-30 rear I figure I would put 25
in the front and 15 in the rear does that sound about right?

thanks
Dave

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Congratulations and welcome!
Keep the water out of anything electrical... starter, alternator/dynamo, relays, and switches. I usually cover these with a plastic bag then aluminum foil to hold it in place ...being careful not to short a live wire to ground with the foil. I don't know how your crankcase vent is run ... cover that also if there's any chance of water intrusion. Mine is run from the valve cover to the bottom of the engine.

Yes, Kubota recommends regular green ethelyene glycol (premix or 50% distilled water).

Tire pressure sounds about right without a loader.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Actually I have a loader and generally run about thirty pounds on the front. I tend to run fifteen to eighteen pounds in the rear. This is an L2501 HST 4WD by the way.

Arkansas Dave

Equipment
Jul 12, 2021
Arkansas
Hey guys I have a problem I put the pto in neutral because I have been working on the
finish mower and now I can't remember which speed is which it has 3 I figure the 1
would be 540 but not sure. Anyone know the pattern and speeds I thought I had it some
where in a post but haven't found it. I have the mower hooked up ready to try but
don't know where to put the shifter.

thanks
David

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
1 is 540