CountyLine or Bush Hog 5' box blade for BX23S

bdh1966

Feb 14, 2019
Johnstown
You guys haven't steered me wrong yet. Which is the better the manufacturer for a 5' foot box blade? The Countyline is the standard stock one for $750 and the Bush Hog is the CBX series for $800-850. Thanks in advance!

MFFI422

Equipment
BX2380 -Drive Over Mower Deck- LP Tiller - FEL - LP Box Blade - LP QH - Canopy
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
I have the Land Pride BB1260. It was $700 ish. Very satisfied with it.

Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
You guys haven't steered me wrong yet. Which is the better the manufacturer for a 5' foot box blade? The Countyline is the standard stock one for $750 and the Bush Hog is the CBX series for $800-850. Thanks in advance!
The bush hog CBX series are quite light units, ideally you want a heavier unit if you have the recommend HP. I believe the Countryline unit may be significantly heavier but could not verify the weight. Most manufacturers only state a maximum HP.

Bush Hog CBX has maximum HP rating of 24 HP
Countryline has minimum HP rating of 25 HP
They are not comparable units.

The BX 23S has net engine HP just over 20HP, I feel Countryline unit is heavy on paper and that you should buy the Bush Hog CBX60 however user above is running a heavier unit and comments that he is very satisfied in practice.

Difficult decision, can you borrow one from anyone to try it? If it was my call I would buy Heavier unit and just pull less material, heavier unit works better.

However your original question was better manufacturer. For better manufacturer I would buy Bush Hog but a BBX model which is more comparable to the Countryline model in weight, I own a BBX 60 and use it with an L3200, very nice quality.

BBX 60 and LP BB 1260 are both around 350 lb and can be purchased new in the $700-$800 range if you shop around.Everything Attachments makes one in the US in this weight and price range, includes delivery. Countryline has good reviws on their website.

good luck in your final decision, it’s great that we have so many to choose from.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Personally, I would go with the EA unit,

I have their smallest model (60") from the next line up,

I use the box quite a bit, so I needed heavy duty. I liked that it was 450 Lbs. I liked that it had 5 rippers. I like the adjustment on the rippers. I like the additional welding and support below the blades. I like that it is Made In The USA!

My B2650 has plenty of power for it but sometimes it is a little light. A full box with a full bite can get the tractor slipping.