Convert BL4690 backhoe to 3rd function?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I’ve also been looking for a used 3ph and just curious why you wouldn’t just run it if the pto pump? More flow I’m guessing but any other advantages? I’ve seen both well looking and never really thought about converting a pto pump one to my tractor hydraulics.
In this case the tractor produces more flow than the PTO pump. PTO pumps are useful when that is not the case.

Personally I find dealing with PTO pumps a bit of a PITA. Plus a good set of remotes on a tractor are more general purpose. E.g you can power the hoe and a log splitter from the same source.

YMMV,

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

pMan6000

Equipment
Kubota L3600/LA680
Aug 14, 2022
Belgrade, MT
I’ve also been looking for a used 3ph and just curious why you wouldn’t just run it if the pto pump? More flow I’m guessing but any other advantages? I’ve seen both well looking and never really thought about converting a pto pump one to my tractor hydraulics.
Well for me at least, only messing with two quick connect fittings is much easier than mounting the PTO pump every time I want to hook up the backhoe. I ran an L4630 for a few years that had the backhoe subframe mount and hydraulic sends, so only having to connect two hydraulic fittings and mess with two pins to dismount the backhoe was pretty sweet. Though the BL4690 is much smaller and less cumbersome, I'd still like to make it a little easier to mount & dismount if I can.

pMan6000

Equipment
Kubota L3600/LA680
Aug 14, 2022
Belgrade, MT
I assumed you had or were going to buy a splitter. Hard to make one for less than off the shelf units cost.

Dan
True and the models I've been looking at online aren't priced badly at all, I'd just enjoy over-building one so I know it won't break on me.