Conrol Valve for Hydraulic Offset Mower

ncridgerunner

Equipment
BX23, finish mower, bush hog, box scraper, blade scraper, fertilizer spreader
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
Saw a 4 foot flail mower the other day that has a hydraulic offset that got me to thinking. It seems that an implement such as this should work with a BX23 with the correct type of hydraulic valve. Having very little experience with hydraulic properties, is there an inline valve that is easily detached that would work? Do you size a valve based upon pressure and hose size? Will quick connects screw directly into the valve?

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
If it turns the flail drum with a hyd motor your tractors system would prob not have enough gpm to run it.
If it has its own pto driven hyd pump any rear remote hydro hookups will control it, theres plenty of examples on here and other sites.
Other than running something off a existing loader control there are no "plug and play" options for adding hydros, it involves adding valves by plumbing into the tractors system.

Last edited:

ncridgerunner

Equipment
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
Forgot to say that the mower was PTO driven. Only the offset cylinder would be driven by the hydraulics. I guess that would involve a more simple valve that would reverse the flow of the hydraulic fluid. Searching hydraulic valves shows many types of valves and with my limited knowledge of hydraulics there is almost too much information.

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
If you have a loader you could just detach it for mowing and use the existing loader valve. Just run the mower hoses to your quick connects

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ncridgerunner

Equipment
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
If you have a loader you could just detach it for mowing and use the existing loader valve. Just run the mower hoses to your quick connects

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
That is certainly an good idea. Currently I don't usually drop he fel when I bush hog cause sometimes I need to move a rock, stump, or tree limb around the edge of the woods. Sounds like it would work well when mowing the more open field.