Condition at delivery

John131

Equipment
B2601
Oct 29, 2022
Colorado
I received my B2601 earlier in the week and there were multiple scatches in the paint and a few gouges in the plastic. Is this common upon delivery or was the person who put my tractor together just careless?

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Likely carelessness, it is possible that there was shipping damage but the dealer should have taken care of that. Don’t accept it till it is right.

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Didn't happen with mine, but that doesn't mean it isn't common. I did buy mine off the lot though.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Mine was delivered with a bent rear fender, the temp gauge not connected (wire was laying loose in the engine compartment) and the HST was about 1½ quarts low.
I used a portapower to straighten the fender. Hooked up the temp gauge. Dealer gave me a gallon of fluid for the HST. Still pissed me off, though.

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID
I gave my dealer plenty o time before delivery to make sure everything was prefect. They also knew that I wouldn't accept delivery if it wasn't.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
You paid for a new one. If you wanted a used one, you could have paid less. Up to you whether to make a thing about it - but in my case I cared. I park my tractor under cover, and take reasonable care of it. One dealer I went to had a few in stock but they had rust on them already. He was very surprised I didn't want one that was already rusty - in his mind it'll go rusty as soon as I get it home anyway. I've had it for 2 years now, no rust yet.

Flipside, I put scratches on my tractors pretty quickly. So not as worried about scratches. I'd probably mention it and see if he'd give me something, but wouldn't get overly worked up about it.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Mine was delivered cosmetically and mechanically flawless. Except for a quart low on front axle oil.
Electrically..... the hazards don't work right. Only the left signal works. When I turn on the right indicator, most of the hazards come on. Meh, they'll take care of it at 50 hours.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Would you accept a new car with those types of damage? If the answer is yes, then enjoy your tractor. If the answer is no, then tell the dealer to make it like new. If you pointed these items out to the driver when it was delivered, you shouldn't have any problems with the dealer. If you have had it for a few days, then they might say tough luck, because we have no idea if it was delivered that way or not. Just don't put any more hours on the machine until the dealer has a chance to review your situation. Just like a new car, you can't complain about scratches a week after the car was delivered.

Reactions: 3 users

Equipment
B2601
Sep 15, 2022
Ontario
When I got mine didn't notice till I was underneath looking around and seen the orange was terrible, looked like one light coat over primer dealer said do you want a can of spray paint!!!!!!!!!!!!

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Supply and demand... When you've waited months for it to be delivered you're likely to be less fussy about cosmetic damages. Some dealers are taking undue advantage of the situation, though.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Express your dismay to the dealer,politely,talk about it, suggest having them do the '50hr oil changes,etc' for free.

Crazy current 'economy' means I can sell my BX23S for more than what I paid for it 4 years ago and it ain't in 'showroom' condition.....

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Express your dismay to the dealer,politely,talk about it, suggest having them do the '50hr oil changes,etc' for free.

Crazy current 'economy' means I can sell my BX23S for more than what I paid for it 4 years ago and it ain't in 'showroom' condition.....
Yeah man. Because of demand, some dealers don't care. Someone else will buy it if you don't. And they'll pay sticker.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Go and complain. Settle on a new hat, some pens, and a PDF of the WSM and owners manuals on a memory stick. Ask for your 50 hour service gratis and a spare set of filters for your troubles.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
It only took me a few hours to seriously dent and scratch the heck out of my hood. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Being I had never used a loader before I chose to laugh. I keep reminding myself that it is a tool and not a fragile piece of art. Sometimes its tough to convince myself. I would talk to the dealer and perhaps "extract" some form of compensation.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I had a similar issue years ago with a new car. I thought about it and wanted to maintain a good working relationship with the dealer.
I simply wrote the owner of the company a letter explaining how happy I was with the new vehicle but I was disappointed that it came with 2 scratches on the trunk that I didn't notice at delivery.

I received a call the next day from him apologizing and telling me their body shop manager would be calling to make an appointment to repaint the trunk if they couldn't buff it out - they couldn't.

When I brought the car in they had a loaner for me and I, being the nice guy I am, brought the body shop mgr 2 doz donuts for the whole company.

Everybody ended up as friends.

• Dislike

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I received my B2601 earlier in the week and there were multiple scatches in the paint and a few gouges in the plastic. Is this common upon delivery or was the person who put my tractor together just careless?
I've bought three tractors from the local dealer and one from a dealer in Sheridan, WY. All four were delivered in perfect condition and I'm a picky bastard! It's not even my tractor but your post pisses me off. It's absolutely unacceptable. You need to talk with the manager at the the dealership where you bought the tractor, and go up the food chain if necessary.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I have purchased 3 through same dealer…dealer always has used a delivery inspection sheet with my signature as customer to document and report and defects prior to taking delivery (that need to be fixed and new car / motorcycle purchases has been the same for that matter). When I have had service completed, it’s the same, there is document customer signs to accept. Maybe it’s different by dealer or location/local laws. Personally if there is something wrong that you can’t live with or that you don’t have trust in the dealer to make right, then don’t accept it. Honestly if dealer has a problem with documenting a defect when they deliver and a commitment to make right, then It’s time to pump the brakes and consider how much money you want to give to that business, or if any IMO.