clutch Cable

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Well, got my clutch cable put on my 9000. I think the worst part was putting the dash back together, tach cable is a real PIA. Glad to have my baby going again and got it back in the dry just as the rain started. :D

It broke last Saturday afternoon so it was Monday before I could order one. It would have sucked to be down for a week during hay season. I don't like the fact it took me 4 days to get the part.

After seeing that Kubota uses steel rods for the brake linkage I don't see why they didn't do the same with the clutch. Looks to me that would be much more durable than having a cable. This has been one time I wish mine was a hyd shuttle instead of a standard. At least I could have been able to stop and start without the clutch.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I use to have a Western snow plow on my truck. An older model with the cable going to the hyd. cylinder.

You learn to keep a spare because it only breaks when you really need it! Night in 5deg. weather and a ft. of snow in not the time to be needing the part.

Come to think about it, I still have one of those cables and now I have a Hiniker plow.