Cheap Tractor Storage

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Well, I finally got around to getting my little tractor shed up. Haven't got doors on it yet, but the better half can park in the carport again. :D Here's an idea for anyone who has (legal/ethical) access to non-returnable pallets.

I have as many free pallets as I want from work, which make up most of the walls. They are great to work with because they are 35" square, 5-1/4" deep, and quite uniform. I spliced them together and put 2x6's between them (concrete form leftovers from building projects at our church) and some salvage 4x4's on the corners. The corner 4x4's had a 2x6 and 2x4 added to them, making them similar to 6x6 corner posts. The railroad ties came from a buddy's junk pile. Apart from some unorthodox stud spacing, it went together quite easily.

All I had to buy are nails, some OSB and shingles, and it fits my little BX perfectly. Gotta love recycling!:D

Attachments

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Way to go on a great little storage shed. Heck a guy I used to work for built a very large (150X150) shop/shed out of old navy crates...that thing looks like a pile, but it has been around for 50 plus years!