Charged for MX5200 recall

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Sounds as if the dealer didn't handle it well, but they are giving you a break. My L holds over 10 gal and cost me over $250 for just the fluid. Surely your MX holds more, so fluid and filter would be around $300, assuming they used SUDT2. When was a change due?

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
They should not do any work for which they intend to bill the customer without the customer's express permission. It doesn't matter whether it is 5 dollars or 5000 dollars.

Reactions: 1 users

Goat man

Equipment
Mx5200
Aug 29, 2021
Virginia
Sounds as if the dealer didn't handle it well, but they are giving you a break. My L holds over 10 gal and cost me over $250 for just the fluid. Surely your MX holds more, so fluid and filter would be around $300, assuming they used SUDT2. When was a change due?

skohler

Aug 4, 2014
Gettysburg, PA
If it was explained ahead of time that I could reuse the filter/fluid OR go with new- then that was a decision I made either way. That is very shady for sure for your dealer to hit you with this surprise at 100 hours. Not sure on your MX what this interval is for the hydraulic fluid/filter- mine is 400 hours.

If it were close to the factory interval then I would understand- but would expect to be asked about it first and agreed to the cost up front.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
They should not do any work for which they intend to bill the customer without the customer's express permission. It doesn't matter whether it is 5 dollars or 5000 dollars.
Agreed, and that is the law.

SDT

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
SDT is onto something

if you didn't agree to anything, did not sign a work order...you never authorized anything to be done in the first place if you didn't sign a repair order. Thus, you also did not legally agree to them charging you for the fluid/filter.

BUT--with that said, it'd be a lot easier to just pay it and go on with life, than to get legally involved. The legal system is broken. I am going through it now with a car. I mean, absolutely broken--and you can thank attorneys for it. Car in paint jail, nothing done on it in 9 months (just sitting). I go get it, with the sheriff. I already paid the shop owner 1/2. Took him to small claims, and was granted a judgement for the amount I paid + court costs. 72 days later I haven't seen anything. Called courthouse, said I need to hire an attorney to get the judgment and even then there's no guarantee based on this and that and the other (stupid legal mumbo jumbo). So....what's the purpose of being awarded a judgement in that amount, if they won't award me? Stupid system!! This could (and probably will) get ugly before it's said and done!!

Bark

Equipment
L4701/FM2560LA765/BB2560Pittsburgh disk Titan P forks
Feb 18, 2020
North CA
Did you finally get the issue resolved?

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
IMHO, if the dealer didn’t ask up front if the OP wanted a fluid and filter change it’s dirty pool. No matter if the tractor had 50 or 5000 hours.

It makes me wonder if the dealer is double dipping, charging the OP and Kubota.

Reactions: 1 user

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
There's a simple solution to all of this which does not require any anger or legal questions.

Ask the dealer why you were charged for those items as part of a recall.

That's complicated and difficult, I know, but it's really the best solution.

Chances are probably about 99.99999% that they will point to some fine print in the Kubota sales agreement that says that's the way it is, parts and labor are covered for warranty/recall repairs, consumables are not.

Done.