Change of Email Address Issues

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
A very recent Internet Service Provider change resulted in a new email address for me. After updating the change in my account I still get frequent notices that emails can not be sent to my new address and I have to reconfirm the change again. Until I reconfirm the change again, it prevents me from posting or answering any PMs. Does anyone know why it appears not to be accepting my recent account updates?

Borgf15

Equipment
MX5400
Mar 4, 2020
ID
This is now happening to me out of the blue. Nothing changed on my part, the site just starts acting just as you describe. Did you find a fix?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
This is now happening to me out of the blue. Nothing changed on my part, the site just starts acting just as you describe. Did you find a fix?
Hi Borg, No I haven't found a fix, nor has anyone offered any suggestions for a cause. Getting locked out seems to be triggered when someone starts a conversation and OTT attempts to send a notice of same to my new email address and says it can't. OTT tells me to reconfirm my email address, which I start the process for, but the OTT confirmation email may not show up for a day or two. Until it does, I'm locked out from signing in, posting, or replying to that conversation. Now that it's happening to others too, maybe we'll learn something? It does get frustrating. At least now I know it's not just me!

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Mine did this as well.. I just switched to a different email.

Borgf15

Equipment
MX5400
Mar 4, 2020
ID
Hi Borg, No I haven't found a fix, nor has anyone offered any suggestions for a cause. Getting locked out seems to be triggered when someone starts a conversation and OTT attempts to send a notice of same to my new email address and says it can't. OTT tells me to reconfirm my email address, which I start the process for, but the OTT confirmation email may not show up for a day or two. Until it does, I'm locked out from signing in, posting, or replying to that conversation. Now that it's happening to others too, maybe we'll learn something? It does get frustrating. At least now I know it's not just me!
Interesting, come to think of it, this was triggered when someone started a private conversation. It's definitely a site issue. I haven't recieved any confirmation email at all, the only way to get the site working is to "update my contact information" but then it just goes right back to square one after a day or two. My email address is working fine and I even whitelisted the site's email address.

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
I have been having the same problem the last few days. I do not get any notification emails and every time that I login the site indicates that I need to update my contact info because the site can't send the notifications to my current email address which has been the same for about 20 years. I go through the update process to verify everything and the site continues to have that same message at the top of the page.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I have been having the same problem the last few days. I do not get any notification emails and every time that I login the site indicates that I need to update my contact info because the site can't send the notifications to my current email address which has been the same for about 20 years. I go through the update process to verify everything and the site continues to have that same message at the top of the page.
Yup, Join the crowd. Definitely something amiss with the site. Funny, it just seems to be affecting more people now vs. not all at the same time.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Note will be sent to higher ups! ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Thanks for heads up, taking a look. Think I might know what is going on here but will take a day or two to hear back. If others are seeing this, please let me know, more data will help.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Ok I also made some settings changes. Let me know if you still see the "update contact info because we cannot contact your email address" warning going forward.

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Ok I also made some settings changes. Let me know if you still see the "update contact info because we cannot contact your email address" warning going forward.
A big Thank You, Mr. K! I'll try to keep track of the details if/when it happens again. I had to log in again to post this reply but assume it was just due to the changes you made.

Reactions: 1 user

Borgf15

Equipment
MX5400
Mar 4, 2020
ID
I did not have to "update contact info" this time, so your change appears to be working, thank you! That said, I still did not receive email notifications of watched threads.