change from r3 to r4 tires on B2910

BIG MAC

Equipment
B2910 hst
Apr 27, 2021
clarkesville Ga.
I have been told that the b2910 was sold withe either rims that fit turf tires or with rims that fit ag tires. I have turf tires and would klike to change to the more aggresive tread of an r4 tire. local tire shops aand some on line sources say there is not a fit for my rims.
I talked to a freind in florida and he thinks that track chief 3 and track chief rear 570122 12.4-16 and front 51s3g8 23 850-12 will work. tractor is used in the woods and on a gravel road. Used rarely on pavement and only in 2 wheel drive. Any exeriences or thoughts?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
They make R14s for a lot of rims. You might try those.

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
While some large wheels have different flanges, the vast majority of compact tractor sized wheels all have the same flange, as do many other things including wagons, most UTV's, etc.
Wheels are not made to fit tires, tires are made to fit wheels. Wheel diameter has to be met exactly, there is a little leeway in wheel width as most tires have a recommended range.

If it's the right size tire, it fits, but not all tires are made in all sizes.

Also to be considered is rolling radius. That should be pretty close unless you are striving for something specific.

BIG MAC

Equipment
B2910 hst
Apr 27, 2021
clarkesville Ga.
While some large wheels have different flanges, the vast majority of compact tractor sized wheels all have the same flange, as do many other things including wagons, most UTV's, etc.
Wheels are not made to fit tires, tires are made to fit wheels. Wheel diameter has to be met exactly, there is a little leeway in wheel width as most tires have a recommended range.

If it's the right size tire, it fits, but not all tires are made in all sizes.

Also to be considered is rolling radius. That should be pretty close unless you are striving for something specific.
thanks for the feedback

spittinfire

May 4, 2021
NC
If you decide you want to sell those wheels and tires to fund the purchase of the R4s and wheels I might be interested in your turf set up. I could use turf tires on my B2710 about 50% of the time.