Carry-all/tool box

Gordon Rob

Equipment
MX-5400
Apr 2, 2022
North Branch MI
I need to figure out how to mount a carry-all box on my new MX-5400, large enough to carry equipment such as chainsaw, gas can, etc. Any suggestions?
On my old L-3800 I bolted upward-pointing 6 inch pieces of metal to each arm of the ROP, on which to carry long items such as weed eater, rake, hoe, etc., and will probably do the same on my new MX, but still don’t have a good idea as to how to carry shorter bulky items like a chainsaw.

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
I need to figure out how to mount a carry-all box on my new MX-5400, large enough to carry equipment such as chainsaw, gas can, etc. Any suggestions?
On my old L-3800 I bolted upward-pointing 6 inch pieces of metal to each arm of the ROP, on which to carry long items such as weed eater, rake, hoe, etc., and will probably do the same on my new MX, but still don’t have a good idea as to how to carry shorter bulky items like a chainsaw.

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
You can use wood in place of UHMW plastic i used two pc 4"x 12" i used 1/4" because i had it 1/8" will do pc 3/4"x 3/4" sq 4" long /a pc of 1/2" black pipe will do / Slides in no bolts

Attachments

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
You can use wood in place of UHMW plastic i used two pc 4"x 12" i used 1/4" because i had it 1/8" will do pc 3/4"x 3/4" sq 4" long /a pc of 1/2" black pipe will do / Slides in no bolts
I saw your post before but did not realize that it just sides in between... I like this and will look into copying the idea thanks...

Gordon Rob

Equipment
MX-5400
Apr 2, 2022
North Branch MI
Thanks for that good idea for carrying the chainsaw—-but other chainsaw support items, such as gas and oil, also need to be carried. Here is what I did—-I removed the safety sign and tiny tool box and constructed a wooden box that fits snuggly between the two ROPS rods. The side of the box next to the back of the seat extends long enough on both ends to fit behind both ROPS, which will add much security/stability to the box. I made the front to back of my box 18” but can be any desired length. The sides of my box are 6” high but likewise can be any desired height. I ran #9 wire from back corners of the box to the bolt holes on the ROPS fold points. I then remounted the tiny tool box inside of the box. I will put a tie-down cloth cover on the box to keep items from being ejected by rough terrain. This is similar, but a larger box, than a plastic milk carton that I used for the same purpose on my old L-3800, that, while not great, got the job done.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I generally use a ballast box that I set up with a hitch and saw scabbards…it’s handy. I also have a carry all with sides and a tail gate that I can use as a bench too in the field. It also has saw scabbards and a hitch. For the big girl I have a cat 2 ballast box on the way and will set up similarly. The problem I am left with is if I want to haul a saw when I have the brush hog on the back…for that I think the scabbards above might be the best idea I have seen.

Aggie66

Equipment
MX5400 6 ft shredder, box blade, forks and front loader
Apr 2, 2022
Rockdale Texas
I own a MX5400 what did you wind up for tool carrier