Canopy Ideas

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I have just installed a ROPS on my B7100. I'm interested in a nice canopy while not costing a complete fortune. I would actually like a rigid top. anyone with ideas?

Tim in west ky

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
I have just installed a ROPS on my B7100. I'm interested in a nice canopy while not costing a complete fortune. I would actually like a rigid top. anyone with ideas?

Tim in west ky
if i was you i would go the scheet meatal shop and have a canopy bend up the way you want it. i believe you could save by doing that.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It's been about 10 yrs since I built my canapy for my L 3000 so I'm sure the price is a little higher for material. I had a top bent at my friends metal shop with drip rails even. Used 1" x 2" thin wall tubing for the frame and bought rattle cans from Kubota and it cost me about $200 for everything.

One suggestion I will offer is plan to get you a can of spray adhesive and a sheet of foam insulation. I used egg shell padding on mine and it's dropping crap down on me all the time now where it's coming apart. I won't do it with that ever again. Clean the under side real good and use the spray glue to stick the insulation up. Kills noise and holds the heat off as well. Without it the top will get so hot in the summer heat it wil blister you if you touch it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hey BF if you post a link how about posting it for what the link was for,, I dont mind looking through a dealers site but if im looking for something through a link I would like to click the link and find what was suppose to be listed in the link

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
If you don't want to spring for a hard top,an easy fix that works excellent
is to fab up a bracket that you can put an umbrella in.You can pick up a
patio type in various sizes and use the top half of the pole to slip into the
pipe on the "bracket" you make up to bolt somewhere on the tractor.

I copied a design from one my uncle Jim kept in the gang box of his pickup
truck,so it was available when he got to a job site where he was a union
equipment operator doing pipeline work for 39 years.I've used it 3 different
tractors and it's hanging in my garage in case I need it in the future.

I made a permanent holder bracket on my Belarus tractor,and my cousin has
a pipe clamped on the rops of his Kubota that's a piece of cake to make that
is easy to use and cheap and quick to make.
Tired

adjusterr

Equipment
L2250, bucket, Woods hoe, JD 1010 w/ bush hog and snow blade
Dec 4, 2010
Big Pool, MD,
Another source of canopy material is the local Line-X or other spray on type bed liner operation. My local Line-X shop has many bed liners lying around that were removed from customer trucks and usually will give them to you to haul away. They can be easily cut with any powersaw and mounted to your ROP with self tapping screws, you would have to add a center support. Hope this helps. Good luck.