Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I sent the 10 pictures I had.

A couple points, I designed and built this in place, so there are some efficiencies that could be made on REV 2. Look over the pictures and you will see what I mean.

I built it to handle highway speeds without needing to remove. If you don't need to tow, a less robust design would handle just keeping on the tractor fine.

If you want to design/build to your model like I did, I found it pretty easy to fab and mount the 3 pieces of angle up over the ROPS, then place the canopy on the ROPS where the slot fits it and then prop the front of the canopy with a 2x4 or something similar down to the hood. Then you can get your angle right and measure up all your pieces.

On the B2650, it looks good from every angle, and it works fantastic.

canopy1.JPG
canopy2.JPG

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
Thank-you so much for all the pics and advice. My GC canopy is on its way and should arrive in the next week or so. Seller was a lovely older gent who managed to get a very good rate on shipping through his daughter, so total cost to me so far is only A$260
Should be taking delivery of my new MX5200 today and will be making some improvements over the course of the next couple of weeks, including the canopy, all of which I hope to document and post in due course. You and other members on this site have been most helpful, for which I'm very grateful :)

Schmitty

Equipment
L4740, grapple, forks, box blade
Mar 25, 2018
Madison, WI
My brother and I just put my canopy back on (too heavy for one person). It was in quite poor shape when it was delivered (used) and we replaced the wood (?!) and corrugated metal with a piece of aluminum. I added a Hayden 3930 fan yesterday along with the required wiring. It makes a nice cone of safety from the biting flies. It also dries sweat pretty fast, even in humid 90°+ heat.

L4740 Canopy with Fan.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Terrain Twister

Equipment
B2650, RTV-X1100C
Nov 17, 2018
Heron, MT
I finally got my CNC up and running again and after making the custom grill, the canopy was next on the list. It will probably be finished in roughly 2 weeks time (loosing half a week for being out of town).

The main supports are 3/16" steel. The top itself is 14 gauge and will have 16 gauge square tube runners that will be running the length on each side. The smaller support is 1/8". I'm guessing the total weight will be around 110-120lbs. I also added some hand holds on the back side to make getting on and off the backhoe (when attached) easier.

Ironically, like Schmitty did, I have a radiator fan I'll be installing to help with the heat and bugs.

Preliminary pictures attached.

Attachments