Canopies and trailering your tractor

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Saw this on the way home today and wanted to throw it out there as I would not have thought about it.

You canopy was NOT designed for road travel speeds!!!! It was designed for your tractor speed.

This canopy was just waving in the wind like a wet towel. I do not know if it made it all the way with the tractor, but I would not doubt it if it didn't.

Just an FYI, food for thought moment.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Nearly every canopy manufacturer that I've researched has stated quite clearly that they cannot withstand trailering at speeds above approximately 35 mph.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Saw this on the way home today and wanted to throw it out there as I would not have thought about it.

You canopy was NOT designed for road travel speeds!!!! It was designed for your tractor speed.

This canopy was just waving in the wind like a wet towel. I do not know if it made it all the way with the tractor, but I would not doubt it if it didn't.

Just an FYI, food for thought moment.
My golf cart top has seen 60+ mph while towing the tractor.

I do have to admit - I was very cautious after the construction of the top, even thought about trailering it backwards on the trailer. But it has worked perfectly to this day.
Canopy.jpg

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have seen them being trailered at highway speed,, however they were backed onthe trailer. and the front was strapped down,,