Can not turn off email notification

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I had originally setup my account to receive an email notification with every alert I received. Now, I have turned off all the email notifications in the account settings but I am still getting emails. How can I stop getting the emails?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Set up a junk email account, and change the address in your profile. I had the same problem, and this was the easiest solution. I also use it when I am required to enter an email address on a website to get additional information about a product. I started it about a year ago, and it has over 10,000 emails in the trash folder. When I get to the point where the email box is getting too full I will then clean out the trash email box.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I use Outlook with my Internet Service Provider. I can set up a rule to move emails (via sender, subject, etc.) to a designated folder. Another option is an automatic rule to permanently delete; same result as emptying the Recycle Bin.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
To whomever fixed my email problem, thank you so much!😍
I didn't do it, but I know how they did it. I would tell you, but we are not allowed to divulge trade secrets, like a moderator going into your control panel and unclicking the offending area of concern... (y)

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Go to the top right corner of the page and where you see the X for your name, click on that. A drop-down menu will appear and click on Account Details. Then unclick the "Receive news and update emails". Next, click on " You may find additional email options under Preferences" and when that pane opens, you will see a long laundry list of things that you can uncheck to disable anything that you want. When you are all done, click on "Save" at the bottom of the page. If I were a moderator on the forums with the proper level of permissions, I could have done this all in less than the time it took me to type the instructions for you.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Set up a junk email account, and change the address in your profile.
I thought EVERYONE knew enough to have a junk eMail account for everything.
Only tell your closest friends/family your REAL eMail.

Then, set up that junk account to delete most of the incoming eMails.... or foreward to your REAL eMail.