Camera Mounting and Advice

tbeckett

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Monroe Tufline Disc, Woods Bush Hog, 60" Grapple
Jun 3, 2021
Columbus, MS
Does anyone have recommendations and or experience with mounting positions and types of "go-pro" type cameras on a tractor. I spend a lot of time in the woods preparing food plots and general work on the farm. I just thought it would be cool to get a camera and mount it and see what sort of footage i can get.

Thanks,

Reactions: 1 user
D

Deleted member 47704

You need go pros and cameras on tripods to show the tractor from the ground also. I'm going to do like everyone else and load You Tube with project videos to pay for the tractor.
You need high angle and low angle like under the tractor, some drone shots would be good too.Don't forget the well endowed blonde.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
I've never used them first hand but from a bunch of the videos I've seen, they use magnet bases. GP outdoors has some amazing shots, multiple unique angles.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Use a go-pro to help mitigate the vibrations. Hang one from the ROPS, facing forwards OR backwards. Attach it to the hood with a magnet or suction cup. Again, pointing forwards or backwards. Attach it to the FEL arm and you can get some B roll of yourself coming into view when you lift the FEL. Oh, just thought, it'd be kinda cool to attach it to the FEL lever pointing at yourself. Every time you reach for the lever your hand will come towards the camera, and when you move the lever it'll give a funky view.

Bottom line is it comes down to what you're trying to capture. If you're trying to get into some kind of "vlogging" videos, you'll need something that points back to you a lot. If you're just trying to document what's being done, you'll need to get the camera in a place that the tractor won't obstruct the view.

With go-pros, they have all sorts of mounts. The go-pro style mount with the double stick tape is hard to beat. only down side is the permanency of the double stick tape. You can probably stick one of those mounts to one of the heavy duty magnets you get from harbor freight - that'll take care of most mounting options on a tractor.
Definitely don't discount just mounting on a tripod.

I just remembered another cool thing... Don't forget to do time lapses. You can turn a 3 hour video of you discing a field into a 30 second time lapse. And you can use an egg/kitchen timer to add a little pizzazz to it, like this. https://tinyurl.com/yge5nhqn