Bypass Seat Switch

pitblue99

Sep 19, 2016
Mantua, OH, USA
I have a 2007 Kubota ZG23 that will start right up, runs great but as soon as I move the arms into the drive position the tractor will stall after about 10 seconds. I believe this is due to a faulty safety switch under the seat, I have taped the switch into the down position to confirm that it's not the seat making contact with the sensor and the same problem.

I called a service center they think it's this seat switch also, is anyone familiar with these enough to let me know what wires to bridge to bypass this? I'm going to get it into them as soon as the mowing season is done but I need my machine to finish out the year.

Thanks,

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahhhummm admittedly the seat switch is a PITA, but spending a couple of bucks, replacing the switch may down the road save someone a lot of grief I'm just sayin do what you feel is best

pitblue99

Sep 19, 2016
Mantua, OH, USA
I have every intention to replace the switch, There are a couple other things that need to be done on it also before next year. But I only have about a month left of cutting / fall cleanup I just need to buy myself a month by bypassing it and I can get it into service to get it ready for next year.

pitblue99

Sep 19, 2016
Mantua, OH, USA
So after doing more research it could be the seat switch, but since the blades engage and don't kill the motor it could be the handle switches also, or could be something with the parking brake as well.

I talked to the dealer they can't get me in fast enough a little help to get me up and running for the next week would be very helpful thank you

Last edited:

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
If you must, just replace the switch with a jumper wire. Goes without saying that these safety switches, in general, are a great thing to have. The risk/liability of bypassing is all on you. Nuff said. :rolleyes: