BX's house gets a new ceiling

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Thank you! It was rather expensive, but I consider it a long-term investment. So far we have already put more in the place than what we paid for it (and it wasn't cheap...), but we knew that beforehand.

This is so cool! I would hate to get the bill for this but good for you for preserving such a cool place!

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Some will be reused in what is now the pigsty (but will be made into a sun room), some will be sold, and the rest (worm-eaten) will be turned into firewood or fence posts, depending on their condition.

I was just thinking the same thing

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Thanks! Time really is an issue, as I work overseas: it's been almost seven years since I bought the place, and the end still isn't in sight...

Very cool that you have that on your property and have taken the time to start restoring it to better than it's former glory.

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Yes, my neighbors (two old brothers, both single and retired, who spend their time raising cattle) are fine people. And I maintain the best relationship possible -including a couple bottles of champagne for Christmas and New Year- both because they are nice, helpful folks, but also (and here I admit I'm a bit selfish) because sometime in the future I would like to buy that plot so as to prevent a house being built there...

Well done!!!!

You gotta love the old buildings.

And a thank you to the good neighbor. Glad to see another example of good people still in these trying times.