BXpanded Pressure Test Instructions

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I purchased a hydraulic pressure test kit to check my new to me BX2200. Looks like a quality unit and simple to use. I do have a couple of questions for my tractor though.
1. In the instruction it references what I believe is a newer hydrolic setup (see pic). I do not have color coded connectors or 4 all in a line. I have 2 on the side of my tractor and then 2 on the loader itself (see pic). Just not sure which outlet to connect the pressure gauge to.
PressureTester.jpg

TractorLoader1.jpg

TractorLoader3.jpg

2. The instruction say for a BX it should be between 1778 and 1840 PSI, but they make no claims that this info is correct. What is considered the max safe pressure for my BX? I want the most lifting force/pressure I can safely have?

Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
- any of those 4 connections will work..... pick the one close to your view! Just like in that picture!

you will need to start tractor and if you do nothing - you will get no reading!!!

Get up some on RPM's 2500 ish

grab the stick and move through the four paths - one of those paths will place pressure on that port!
Do not hold it there a long time - 3 seconds, get your reading.....

1750 psi is typical - I added shims to get to 1975-2000 psi, nothing hurt and there is a noticeable difference in work being done too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user