BX2680 Custom Canopy with LED Lights

NorthernBota

Equipment
Kubota BX2680, HLA 54" Snow Pusher, 54" RCK Belly Mower, Ballast Box
Oct 11, 2021
Ontario , Canada
Hi everyone, just thought I'd show off the custom cab canopy and works lights I had built for my BX2680.

LED Lights, Beacon Light, grab handles, and plexiglas rear window to keep the wind out. Look out Snow !!

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Nice. I have wondered about having a soft cab fabricated that would attach to my canopy for winter snow plowing.

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
That's nice! Did you fab the front supports from scratch, or modify something to fit? Where & how does it attach?

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Nice. I have wondered about having a soft cab fabricated that would attach to my canopy for winter snow plowing.
My neighbor fabbed up a really simple canopy just for winter snow blowing. He covers it with what's called "double polished" clear vinyl. (The same material I used in my homemade cab for the B2650) It's like being inside a clear fishbowl out of the wind. He has an older BX tractor/blower. But then with the clear soft cab draped over the canopy, the radiator fan (BX reversed air flow) sucked in all the cold air around the bottom of the cab and between his legs and through the radiator causing his legs to be cold as could be.

We solved that problem like this: His BX has a removeable plate under the battery and right behind the grill under the steering wheel. I made a duplicate plate with a mesh screen covered cut out in it to replace the original. Then made a winter front cover to block off the perforated grill which stopped the air flow through his "cab". The radiator now got its fresh air "in" from under the tractor through that new plate. Worked great. And he just switches that plate out for the original for summer time normal use.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Can you tell us about the snow pusher? I went to their website, and I like what I saw, but there was no information about snow pushers for compact tractors.

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Well done. I would "rattle can" paint it Kubota Orange.
Yeah if that top was orange it would look factory.. nice job it fits the BX real well.

NorthernBota

Equipment
Oct 11, 2021
Ontario , Canada
As someone mentioned, its an HLA 1500 54" Snow pusher. It's quick attach, and you can purchase a back drag option, if you move snow near buildings. As I have a gravel driveway no need for backdrag.

Also yes going to look into some Plasti-Dip paint and paint the top orange. But I am digging the beige it gives it a nice contrast.

The cab is fully removable, all Electical connections are quick disconnect, and the cab is mounted on existing Kubota hardware mounts, with rubber pads under not to scratch the original finish.

I may remove it in the summer when mowing, but I'd rather trim the few branches that might catch, versus being exposed to the sun.

Thanks for the compliments, very happy with my machine.

JoeB2021

Equipment
BX2680
Nov 26, 2021
Wisconsin
How do you switch the LED lights on & off? I would like to add like to add lights to mine as well but keep them on with the head lights.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
I like it but I am another vote for painting it orange. Maybe black if your looking to keep contrast. The way it is it looks like a golf cart canopy. Still looks clean though.

NorthernBota

Equipment
Oct 11, 2021
Ontario , Canada
How do you switch the LED lights on & off? I would like to add like to add lights to mine as well but keep them on with the head lights.
I added a switch under the canopy. So the light are fed from the main power auxiliary near the 3pt hitch then feeds into a switch so I can control when I want my lights on

NorthernBota

Equipment
Oct 11, 2021
Ontario , Canada
I like it but I am another vote for painting it orange. Maybe black if your looking to keep contrast. The way it is it looks like a golf cart canopy. Still looks clean though.
I was totally sold to paint it when I first bought the canopy used, as it was filthy and was used. I was going to paint it with PlastiDip Orange, or black, but once I cleaned the canopy the beige is growing on me. Might just keep it.