BX25D pizza cutter tire swap

farmer12071

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Jun 14, 2020
NY
I have the BX25D with the R4 tires. I love the tractor and tire combo I use it for everything. Here is my question and when I ask about it I get funny looks and heads cocked sideways with mouth open with no answers. I grow vegetables about 20 acres. I want a set of narrow pizza cutter tires and rims for my BX there is some things where the tires on the BX is just to wide for and I'd like to know if anyone has swapped out the BX tires for narrower tires maybe something like what is on the B6100 or B7100. Any help would be appreciated

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
You think your question is strange just read my answer. I assume you are wanting to use the tractor for cultivating your crops. This came to mind. Some of the Mennonites, similar to the Amish but different, are allowed to run tractors. They are restricted from using rubber tires. So their brand new tractors have steel wheels. The old fashion kind that you would see at an antique tractor show. You can still buy them or have them made to order. I looked for a few moments on Google and this is the first ones I found.

Are they ideal, no. Would they let you cultivate you crops, yes. The holes for the studs can be made/sized to order and the center hole can be made to order. There are short comings to steel wheels so do some research be for you by them. There are some advantages also.

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
I have the BX25D with the R4 tires. I love the tractor and tire combo I use it for everything. Here is my question and when I ask about it I get funny looks and heads cocked sideways with mouth open with no answers. I grow vegetables about 20 acres. I want a set of narrow pizza cutter tires and rims for my BX there is some things where the tires on the BX is just to wide for and I'd like to know if anyone has swapped out the BX tires for narrower tires maybe something like what is on the B6100 or B7100. Any help would be appreciated
There's a couple videos on YouTube from foreign Asian countries …. on YouTube type in the search "rice transplanter solid rubber wheels" . Not that you can buy these but maybe a lead or just to see um. Also on YouTube checkout "Bothai Machinery" , they sell Kubotas new with those wheels on … pretty kool .

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
A quick search on Millertire.com and I found some rear pizza cutters that would fit with the correct wheels and maybe some wheel spacers. They are 26.2 tall x 5.9 wide in 15in wheels. The BX is a 5x4.5 bolt pattern so you should be able to use a space saver wheel for a Jeep, Ford, or Toyota with the same pattern. Wheel spacers will likely be needed to push the wheels out where they need to be. 68354933-6A6A-463D-A29E-62E2CAE475C9.png B7C218B1-24A3-404E-A978-719504D0863E.png

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I do business with Miller Tire and Speck Tire as well Miller is in Wauseon, Ohio, Speck is in Bowling Green. If I have an emergency I'll call miller first and if they are tied up, I call Speck. Both carry the same stuff and both have very competitive prices on tires and service calls. Speck has a local shop not too far away (5 miles) but their farm service is out of BG. The local shop does my automotive tires.

Miller is an advertiser on TbyNet btw. If anyone has 'pizza cutter', I call them razor tires, either Miller or Speck will.

farmer12071

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Jun 14, 2020
NY
You think your question is strange just read my answer. I assume you are wanting to use the tractor for cultivating your crops. This came to mind. Some of the Mennonites, similar to the Amish but different, are allowed to run tractors. They are restricted from using rubber tires. So their brand new tractors have steel wheels. The old fashion kind that you would see at an antique tractor show. You can still buy them or have them made to order. I looked for a few moments on Google and this is the first ones I found.

Are they ideal, no. Would they let you cultivate you crops, yes. The holes for the studs can be made/sized to order and the center hole can be made to order. There are short comings to steel wheels so do some research be for you by them. There are some advantages also.
I want to use the tractor for cultivating and other crop uses as it is so handy compared to the big tractors I have and I have looked into having steel wheels built as I have a few Amish neighbors that said they could get them made for me but be around 900 for all 4 which seems high I was looking for something around 4 or maybe 500. I know in many countries the compact tractors are like the big tractors here so I was looking to see if anyone has been in the same place as I am and have put narrow tires on a BX and what they used. Thanks

farmer12071

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Jun 14, 2020
NY
There's a couple videos on YouTube from foreign Asian countries …. on YouTube type in the search "rice transplanter solid rubber wheels" . Not that you can buy these but maybe a lead or just to see um. Also on YouTube checkout "Bothai Machinery" , they sell Kubotas new with those wheels on … pretty kool .
Thank you. I'm looking into them now