BX25D Hood pops open

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
My BX25 hood latch is popping loose.
I looked and the pin that the latch catches on is just barely in the catch. Judging by the wear marks, the pin is at least 1/2" out of whack.
I looked at the front hinge location and I do not see nor feel any looseness nor can I push the hood back to take up the missing 1/2".
Any ideas?

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I couldn't either, will have to stop by the dealer and ask the service manager. Just about 200 hours so need to do fluid change and need to pick up the fluid & filters.

Does yours now have a gap between the hood & cowl? Need to take picture today and post.

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
I just went out and messed with mine. I got to looking at everything and I discovered that the tab on the hood that has the pin that goes in the latch welded to it wasn't straight. I took a pair of channel locks and gently straightened it. Now the pin goes a lot further into the latch and it doesn't pop open when you start the tractor

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks for the tip, will have to give that a try next weekend when I get back to the lake and tractor.