BX25D Diff lock modification

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Before anyone gets excited, no, I have not done this, but would like to.

I have found when I am 'stuck' and want to engage this, it is a real PITA to press the lever down with my heel and deal with getting unstuck. IIRC, one of my dads old subcompacts had a simple lever/knob that you could flip and that was that until you unflipped it.

Simple/smart suggestions/solutions (other than not get 'stuck')?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
William - I'm tall, and that lever can be a challenge to got at for me, too.

However, the only things that come to mind are that you don't want to jam the diff lock while spinning, and sometimes it takes a little finesse to get it to lock. Maybe a small rotation of the wheel to get it to engage.

So, I bet there is a way to do it, but just want to design it to allow a little "feel" in its operation.

Good luck!

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
How about a bigger platform/pedal to press on?

Looks like Kenny has them for the 1-Series JDs. Wonder how much additional work it would be to make one for a Kubota (hint hint Kenny)

http://www.boltonhooks.com/jd1series.html
That might work! My issue has been when I am in the slippery stuff, my boots are often also covered with mud, making them slippery and the little 'button' on the BX is a pain.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I looked online for a image, no luck.
There is a video of a guy descriding hot to use it but not on a 25D, On a 25D it is on the left, in the video, the guys was on the right.
Found this thread were some guys were complaining like me...
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/328591-bx-25-differential-lock-pedal-4.html
Here is a image from the operators manual. The metal 'arm' is covered with a rubber cover. The arm itself is just a rod bent like an 'L' and the cover fits over it. A lot like (in appearance at least )the JD one you sell Kenny. It is possible the JD one would fit, IDK.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Kenny- this is a BX2360.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk