BX25D Bucket Hooks

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Waiting for the delivery of a new BX25D, looking for advice on bucket hooks. How many and configuration works best?

Leaning toward Kenny's bolt on or BXpanded quick hooks not sure if I should get 2 or 3. Anyone have recommendations?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Waiting for the delivery of a new BX25D, looking for advice on bucket hooks. How many and configuration works best?

Leaning toward Kenny's bolt on or BXpanded quick hooks not sure if I should get 2 or 3. Anyone have recommendations?
Ron,

Most folks place em at the center point of the bucket, thus placing equal tension on both cylinders. Some place hooks right in front of the cylinder placement, however - they rarely PULL on one side of the bucket only, unless very low.

Either place that you get your hooks, make sure that your bucket is low when pulling or if lifting - you are on level ground and if you need to move - do it slowly!:)

Some require you to drill holes (kennys), some weld and some will snap (bx) in place. I prefer the bolt on plates. One - it does less damage to the bucket lip.....and another reason is the stress is placed over a wider area of the bucket itself. I think you will 5/16 the best bang for the buck - a 3/8 will go in and a 1/4 will go too.:)

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Three, I have three along the top edge of the FEL bucket. One near each end and one dead center. This arrangement works extremely well for a variety of uses and allows lots of flexibility when lifting or moving things, also the center one makes a great sight line for lining up the tractor. forks, etc. Line up the hood ornament and the hook and you're on your way.

Mine 3/8" are and welded to a angle piece on the top edge. 3/8" is a best fit size for lots of chains etc.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
5/16 seems to be the norm, but I did 3/8 because i already had that chain. I did 2 grab hooks on the outside and a slip hook over center. If i had to do it over again, i would use Kens bolt on hooks with the clevis backplate. Once installed you can forget about it. I have the bxpanded hooks, which i love there stuff, but the springbar pops off in the winter, almost lost them a number of times. So i take them off, no big deal but what if i need a hook. Once you buy their pirahna toothbar, you will get over drilling holes in the bucket.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
5/16 seems to be the norm, but I did 3/8 because i already had that chain. I did 2 grab hooks on the outside and a slip hook over center. Once you buy their pirahna toothbar, you will get over drilling holes in the bucket.
Thanks for the advice all, much appreciated!

I will go with Kenny D's bolt on, wasn't sure 2 or 3...3 makes sense in the long run.

I have a Piranha, Under Armor, and Thumb in the shed waiting on the tractor...drill is ready with a step bit:)

Have Bro-Tek 2" spacers on the way too.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Once you buy their pirahna toothbar, you will get over drilling holes in the bucket.
aint that the truth:) .......I thought I was a dentist there for a while .....drilling holes and placing something in them!:D

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
aint that the truth:) .......I thought I was a dentist there for a while .....drilling holes and placing something in them!:D
I gotta admit that just made my teeth hurt and my coffee taste minty......:confused::confused::confused::p

CDNBX25D

Equipment
BX25D, Bro-tech wheel spacers/skid plate, Ken's bolt-on hooks, LED light bars
May 24, 2015
Saskatchewan
I can recommend Ken's bolt on hooks as well, very well made but wait until your tractor arrives because you need to carefully measure the lip before ordering.

I went with 2 hooks (one each side) and his clevis mount that I installed inside the bucket in the center. The 2 hooks are great for wrapping a chain around something and the clevis for pulling.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I can recommend Ken's bolt on hooks as well, very well made but wait until your tractor arrives because you need to carefully measure the lip before ordering.

I went with 2 hooks (one each side) and his clevis mount that I installed inside the bucket in the center. The 2 hooks are great for wrapping a chain around something and the clevis for pulling.
Thanks, waiting anxiously for the tractor to arrive so I can get the hooks ordered & get to work.

I wasn't aware you could get a clevis mount on its own so was leaning to a third in the center. Might go with three just to be covered for the unknown needs.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Thanks, waiting anxiously for the tractor to arrive so I can get the hooks ordered & get to work.

I wasn't aware you could get a clevis mount on its own so was leaning to a third in the center. Might go with three just to be covered for the unknown needs.

Ron, he mounted one of the regular bolt-on clevis mounts upside down to the roof of the bucket, not on top with a spacer. Maybe/hopefully he can provide a picture.

As I told you in the email, there are SOO many options, there is no right or wrong way;)

CDNBX25D

Equipment
BX25D, Bro-tech wheel spacers/skid plate, Ken's bolt-on hooks, LED light bars
May 24, 2015
Saskatchewan
Unfortunately I'm not at home now to get a picture but I mounted the bolt on clevis mount inside the bucket at about the mid point. I drilled thru the area where the doubler is that the ram connects to. That area is just the right width for the clevis bolt pattern and I mean just enough, be very careful when drilling there.

As Kenny says there are a multitude of options with his hooks,you will not be disappointed.

Here are some pictures....excuse the dirt but this is a working tractor :)

Attachments

Last edited:

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
RonBoy,

what did you end up going with?
So far nothing, the dealer welded on 2 grab hooks on the inside of the bucket in front of the lift arms. Has worked for now, but I will order up the clevis mount one of these days from Ken. Just keep finding too many other uses for the spar cash.