BX25D Battery

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Either It does not exist (or I'm an idiot-probably the latter) I found no information here regarding the little BX25D battery. Mine is going to be four (I think) this year and it is obvious, the battery is loosing its' gusto. At rest voltage is 12.36. It still starts every time but, it is tired. When running, the voltage is 14.2, so the little alternator is chugging away.

Stock battery model is a RMF826. It is a DEKA I beleive. I have a Interstate battery place real close. Anyone (like NIW) know the generic model number AND what is the biggest battery (CCA) I can fit with no modifications?

My tractor does sit for months at a time and a lot during the cold. I might start taking it out in the winter and keeping the battery in my garage, throwing it on a tender from time to time. Though removing it is a PITA. I have no electricity where the tractor is stored.

So guys, what the best battery that fits? I'd like to get Interstate because they are close and have very fresh inventory.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Group 26R battery, looks like 525 CCA or thereabouts.

One option for maintaining the battery, is a solar powered maintainer, I use one for my fuel pump that moves all around with it, keeps the battery right up. ;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Either It does not exist (or I'm an idiot-probably the latter) I found no information here regarding the little BX25D battery. Mine is going to be four (I think) this year and it is obvious, the battery is loosing its' gusto. At rest voltage is 12.36. It still starts every time but, it is tired. When running, the voltage is 14.2, so the little alternator is chugging away.

Stock battery model is a RMF826. It is a DEKA I beleive. I have a Interstate battery place real close. Anyone (like NIW) know the generic model number AND what is the biggest battery (CCA) I can fit with no modifications?

My tractor does sit for months at a time and a lot during the cold. I might start taking it out in the winter and keeping the battery in my garage, throwing it on a tender from time to time. Though removing it is a PITA. I have no electricity where the tractor is stored.

So guys, what the best battery that fits? I'd like to get Interstate because they are close and have very fresh inventory.

Mine is 6 years old, 250 ish hours and sits a bit too. I place a tender on mine in the colder months too.

I would simply find a battery with the same physical size - and CCA that will do the trick, should not be hard to match up once you have the LxWxH and then can measure a new one. I had to do this a while back on my B7100.....

I have three of these ...and have worked well

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-G1100-A...+tender&qid=1559584799&s=gateway&sr=8-30&th=1

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Group 26R battery, looks like 525 CCA or thereabouts.

One option for maintaining the battery, is a solar powered maintainer, I use one for my fuel pump that moves all around with it, keeps the battery right up. ;)
Solar no bueno, too many trees/shade.

Mine is 6 years old, 250 ish hours and sits a bit too. I place a tender on mine in the colder months too.

I would simply find a battery with the same physical size - and CCA that will do the trick, should not be hard to match up once you have the LxWxH and then can measure a new one. I had to do this a while back on my B7100.....

I have three of these ...and have worked well

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-G1100-A...+tender&qid=1559584799&s=gateway&sr=8-30&th=1
LOL, no power to plug into.

So when I go for a new battery at the end of the summer, I guess I'll just go to Interstate and do a 26R and see if they have a high CCA. Sort of looking for the 'magic bullet' that has high CCA, long shelf life with limited use AND can withstand the cold. Shame a LiFe battery is not as cold friendly.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. If any more ideas come up, I am open to them all! :)

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
For machines that are not used for long periods of time I like AGM types like Optima red or yellow. They do well sitting out for a season. I put the yellow tops in my ZD zero turn mowers and they fire right up in the spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
For machines that are not used for long periods of time I like AGM types like Optima red or yellow. They do well sitting out for a season. I put the yellow tops in my ZD zero turn mowers and they fire right up in the spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Mine has always fired up, just four years and low usage is causing a premature 'death'. My PU is rarely driven too and parasitic draw was trying to kill it as well, but being it is in the garage, I can keep a tender on it.

I might consider a Optima, if long term lack of use justifies the cost. It is possible, I have to simply accept due to my usage patterns, I'll not get long life from batteries, like with my generator. I run it every month but batteries only last four years at best. Not enough true cycling.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I have all kinds of "tenders" for my machinery. Solar for my trolling motor and lawn tractor, tenders for ATVs and Kubota since I have electricity available. Bought this little jewel for my MKC and F150:

https://www.amazon.com/CTEK-56-959-...ttery+charger&qid=1559658388&s=gateway&sr=8-5

I have quick connectors on most everything so that it is easy to switch between machines/batteries. As you can imagine I hate dead batteries so use the technology available to minimize that issue.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Looks like I can get an Interstate (#MT-26R) with 550 CCA and a warranty that will take some of the bite out of a replacement.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Today was the day, new battery, Interstate MT-26R 540 CCA, $120

The original battery, dated August 2015 had a good run, considering it was left for months sitting and was essentially out side all the time (three walled 'building'). It got to where it was at 11.6 volts at start and you could hear the cranking was slow.

I think I need to add some sort of solar maintainer, even though the area is wooded, something is better than nothing. That said, I imagine a 20 watt or larger panel would be wise. Suggestions? Must be fully water proof and the controller not integrated in to the panel, so I can put it 'inside' out of the elements and view status.

Something like this??? 30 watts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L8G42ZP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A9FP6X594WAFM&psc=1

Last edited:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I did finally get a solar maintainer (80W, in the shade where my guy sits, probably get 20 watts). New Interstate. But the Interstate has been disappointing. Voltage drops below 12 during glow plug use. Cranking today was pitiful. Interstate has 'tested' the battery and claim it is fine. The distributor is real close to me, I might go talk to them one more time before I cut my losses and get a Deka (or Kubota, depending on pricing). Not even two years with this Interstate. Shame. I have one on my Garden tractor and it has been fine.