BX2537A SWEEPER / BROOM

Kutch

Equipment
BX2200, BX537A, BX2763A
Dec 21, 2022
NY
First post, sorry its here - brand new to this forum - just jumped into the “orange” from growing up with International H, Ford 8N/9N, JD bulldozers on a small family farm growing Blueberries, Raspberries and Strawberries. Yah’ old school.

I came across this tractor and figured - start with the original BX2200 and see how this goes. So I just bought a 2001 this Fall and so far I’m really impressed by this little guy! Hits way above its weight class!

Thing is, I got a package deal on two implements…a push plow and a sweeper. These attachments were purchased by the guy I bought them from around 2016 and NEVER used, not even set up. Push plow is a keeper for me. The sweeper not so much, light fluffy stuff we rarely get here. So it needs to go.

BX2537A sweeper broom with hydraulic left / right not even installed. Kit with ram, hoses and connections from dealer still in bag. Has a few dings and scratches from sitting but otherwise is just about as new as used can be.

I‘m going to call the local Kubota dealer and see what these run for, at this point I have no idea. But if anyone is interested and could use this - let me know. I’m open to reasonable offers.
7A17F1CC-D089-487C-AA05-C6CB9FCF136A.jpeg
F9DE04D2-EA09-4178-A7BA-92C7673E8B14.jpeg
CE90183D-342F-41C6-B3E6-4586F3B582C4.jpeg
FBC28CF6-3C27-46D3-876C-D1415972E507.jpeg
EFF671A7-D1C9-4A36-B3FB-0042D42D686E.jpeg
6966E643-DE8E-4802-8050-992DCA72F216.jpeg

Located in Upstate NY
If you’ve read this far, Thank you!

-Kutch

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
That model sweeper is the first design and now they are probably about 3 models past that one. If I remember correctly it was about $1000 new.

Kutch

Equipment
BX2200, BX537A, BX2763A
Dec 21, 2022
NY
Understood, thanks for the info!!
Not sure whats changed along the way??

One thing about this one, it’s pretty much untouched!
Maybe a trade for a good 60” mower deck in equal condition!
-Kutch

Vince1230

Equipment
Bx2370
May 13, 2022
Honey Grove,Pa
I agree it looks like it is in good shape. It is just a hard sell or trade between a mower which gets more use than a sweeper or broom. Best bet would be to post here or FB marketplace, start at your price and work from there.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Post it up everywhere.
Somewhere, you'll find someone who thinks this thing is the golden goose and will pay you for it.
It may just take quite a while to find that person.
I paid a couple thousand for mine brand new. I found it does not work well on uneven pavement so I'm holding on to it until some day I pave the lot, then I'll have a nice toy to play with.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Post it up everywhere.
Somewhere, you'll find someone who thinks this thing is the golden goose and will pay you for it.
It may just take quite a while to find that person.
I paid a couple thousand for mine brand new. I found it does not work well on uneven pavement so I'm holding on to it until some day I pave the lot, then I'll have a nice toy to play with.
I had both the first and second models and I found that neither worked well. Looking at the present model, it appears that Kubota finally got it right with the last design or so I would hope. The problem that I found was that it was too heavy and it would bounce up and down as I used it across the paved driveway. If you look at the one in the picture above, it has chains and springs to counter the weight, but I could never find the sweet spot where it was balanced. I had a walk-behind sweeper that used guide wheels and it worked so much better. If you can adapt some adjustable height wheels to it to carry the weight I believe that it would be a good tool.

Kutch

Equipment
BX2200, BX537A, BX2763A
Dec 21, 2022
NY
If you can adapt some adjustable height wheels to it to carry the weight I believe that it would be a good tool.
So, just add wheels on rods that have multiple pin locations for various heights and that should do it? Thats very do-able and easy!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You have to do it so the wheels are large enough to carry the weight, and they are far enough away from the shrouding that they can swivel 360 degrees.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I had both the first and second models and I found that neither worked well. Looking at the present model, it appears that Kubota finally got it right with the last design or so I would hope. The problem that I found was that it was too heavy and it would bounce up and down as I used it across the paved driveway. If you look at the one in the picture above, it has chains and springs to counter the weight, but I could never find the sweet spot where it was balanced. I had a walk-behind sweeper that used guide wheels and it worked so much better. If you can adapt some adjustable height wheels to it to carry the weight I believe that it would be a good tool.
Yes. my version is different than the one in the pics above. It does have multiple guide wheels, and when I take it off it's easy to roll around itself for storing it. I will admit though, it is a finicky piece, you do in fact have to get the drive hight just right or it will dig in, stop, and stall the tractor. It takes patience, practice and adjustments.