Bx25 leak below rear axle

ducrider123

Equipment
BX25d
Dec 11, 2020
Miton, wi
I have a 2012 bx25 that has started leaking under the rear axle. If the hydrostatic fluid is full it will seem to constantly drip. I can not seem to find it

anyone have any ideas?

the vent is ok (not leaking)

Looks like maybe from somewhere about the power beyond block. The picture is the oil from just pulling the tractor out of the shed.

Attachments

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Ckean/degrease. Top off and run (do not drive, just run the FEL or if you must just move it back and forth a few feet) a bit then blow baby powder on the area. The highest point the powder sticks is the leak

Reactions: 1 user

ducrider123

Equipment
BX25d
Dec 11, 2020
Miton, wi
Everything is removed. Deck, FEL, and backhoe. I will try clean, no moving, and baby powder in the am.

it looks like it is coming down from above the power beyond or the hydraulic filter.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
It's worth trying some AT-205. I have used it on quite a few leaks. Success has ranged from "Wow! That's amazing!", to, "why did I bother?".

I suspect it has to do with the type of gasket material. I completely cured a power steering leak, took a gusher of a front main seal leak to a trickle (bought me some time I needed), and had middlin' results on transmission leaks. Noticeable, but not impressive.

I've never had any problem from using it.