BX24 back of HST is leaking...

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
The High Taxes part of lovely NY, USA
Has anyone had a leak back there? More relevant - is there a common thing on the back of the HST that leaks on a BX24?

I have a BX24 that I have noticed the whole back of the HST case has accumulated that "dirt that's there because of a leak" kind of look. For the last couple of years I assumed it was most likely from the little red relief valve at the top just blowing off... but this year I had the tractor in the barn to prep the deck and saw a drop of HST fluid on the floor. Clearly more than a blowoff.

I cleaned everything up and started waiting and hunting for a leak. It almost seems like MAYBE it's the RTV gasket around the square plate on the back that's leaking.

And no - it's not the seal around the PTO.

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
My BX 2370 1600 hrs has had a leak from somewhere for the last 3 yrs. I clean everything up once a year and over the year the right side of the trans etc; gets dirty dusty oil on that side. At times there a few drops on the concrete floor . I haven't been able to pin point the leak either. Of course the floor in the winter[blowing snow] is the only time it gets a few drops on it. I guess summer [mowing] the dust absorbs the oil. It's so little that I'am not going to take anything apart to search for such a small leak.

Reactions: 1 user