Bx23s vs 2370

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
I have a 2370 that I've been using for the past 3 years to basically mow grass. 90% of the time, that is it's job. Mow the yard, mow the field, mow the hillside. The other 10% of the time I have the loader or blade on it moving dirt or gravel, etc.
I'm regretting not getting the backhoe a few years ago and am thinking of trading this in or selling it and getting a 23s. I have one question for you guys. It seems like when I sit on the seat of the 23s it's a.) not as comfortable and b.) it seems like it sits up a lot higher than my current one. Is this really the case? Do you need to sit up higher for the seat to have room to flip around and use the backhoe part? The reason I'm asking is I mow some decently steep hills sideways and if I'm up any higher, the pucker factor would be a little more than it currently is now.

Wanted to get some thoughts on this from folks that already have the 23s and use it to mow.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
1st, Seat is higher as it has to swing around for BH operation...

2nd, is your life insurance paid up ? ANYONE who ' mow some decently steep hills sideways ' will get injured,if lucky or just die.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a 2370 that I've been using for the past 3 years to basically mow grass. 90% of the time, that is it's job. Mow the yard, mow the field, mow the hillside. The other 10% of the time I have the loader or blade on it moving dirt or gravel, etc.
I'm regretting not getting the backhoe a few years ago and am thinking of trading this in or selling it and getting a 23s. I have one question for you guys. It seems like when I sit on the seat of the 23s it's a.) not as comfortable and b.) it seems like it sits up a lot higher than my current one. Is this really the case? Do you need to sit up higher for the seat to have room to flip around and use the backhoe part? The reason I'm asking is I mow some decently steep hills sideways and if I'm up any higher, the pucker factor would be a little more than it currently is now.

Wanted to get some thoughts on this from folks that already have the 23s and use it to mow.
I have the 2370 (BX25D) with the hoe .... I do know I sit up higher in the seat when using the hoe, however - the machine isnt moving! I have not sat on the new 23s.... so I really cannot answer that question.

The hoe at the time increased the price about $6800 and I said WTH .... and got it, really glad I did - not only is is constant ballast, but it is damn nice to have when I need it! I am making a new bucket as we speak to dig trenches. I am curious IF a 25D will fit the 23s?

As for the pucker factor .... you ballast your tires? you place spacers on rear? Both of these help tremendously.

Reactions: 1 user

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
It's all relative my bx23s feels like a go cart as compared to the PC9000 at work!!!

The lower you sit the less you can see. As a general rule the bigger the boom the higher you need to sit