Bx23s snow plow

RichAllyn

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 25, 2020
Athens, PA
I called a dealership today asking for the part number for a snow blade with the skid steer quick hitch. I wanted to look online at pictures. The salesman told me bx2812 this is not a skid steer hitch. If what I want exsist please let me know the part number. Thank you.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It'd really,really be nice to have a website or 'link' to a chart that had THAT information ! Also simple things like part# for dual rear remotes, 3rd fnx up front, work lights ??, etc ....
a sheet inside the manual ??
I'm sure other would buy more 'options' IF we could EASILY know about them...

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is a BX2812A, and there is a picture of someone using the blade on youtube. He is using it with a quick hitch mount. The only other one that I had seen for the skid steer mount, was one for a larger tractor. I have a 60" blade on my BX22, and it is great for cleaning up after I snow blow the driveway, but when attempting to push heavy snow, the tractor can't push it. I started to look at converting it to fit a BX23S, and the cost is prohibitive. I don't know how well it will work on the tractor arms. I would be afraid of bending them if you hit something solid by error.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
B2672 - do not buy one that is solidly attached to SSQA plate. Blade needs it's own float mechanism. FEL float only allows front axle to lift when blade needs to float. Buy another brand if you have to - the beauty of SSQA.
20200422_160217.jpg

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
It'd really,really be nice to have a website or 'link' to a chart that had THAT information ! Also simple things like part# for dual rear remotes, 3rd fnx up front, work lights ??, etc ....
a sheet inside the manual ??
I'm sure other would buy more 'options' IF we could EASILY know about them...
absolutely. I talked to my local dealer about that. Kubota Canada wants you to have to talk to a dealer just to get prices. We spent a few days going back and forth discussion price and options when I wanted a blower. i said it would be a lot faster for both of us, if I could hop on the kubota website and see a list of all the things I can buy for my machine and the price.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
sometimes, if you lookup the item for parts, the first 'part' in the list is the complete unit ! Didn't work for the blade B2673, at least not in the CDN website..... Over 3K for the major parts(blade,frame, SSQA adapter)
ouch..... there's one in Lindsey,On for $2700
Sure glad I have a 30 year old buzzbox and steel !

chriscozi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S 3rdFunction TerraKingBagger 4ftBoxBlade 5ftPlowBlade 3ptQuickHitch
Nov 26, 2020
Rutland VT
www.sugarwoodschool.org
I called a dealership today asking for the part number for a snow blade with the skid steer quick hitch. I wanted to look online at pictures. The salesman told me bx2812 this is not a skid steer hitch. If what I want exsist please let me know the part number. Thank you.
I like my SSQH blade. It uses the 3rd function for movement.
Using chains on the back not a single problem sliding with big piles. And I can always switch to the bucket.
Make sure you have something on the back as a counterweight.
See my post about how I made my front weight kit work on the back.
Also buy a "rubber" edge to swap with the steel one if you don't want to scratch your pavement/asphalt.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have a front blade on my BX22, and it is fixed to the quick hitch, and it works perfectly, and follows the contours of my driveway. I use it to clean up after the snowblower does its job. Even the plow on my truck is fixed point mounting, and it only goes right/left and Up/down. Can't see how you would feel that you need more movements than those that are provided in the plate. The only fault that I can see with the Kubota designed plow is the cost of the quick hitch plate mechanisms.

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
After using the bucket to move 30 inches of snow on my 700 ft vacation getaway driveway, I am going to try a blade plow on my Bx23S. I pick it up Thursday this week coming up. Dealer I use had w few and I snagged one. Will let you know how it works. Waiting on a B2672 manual turn, due to money and the no 3rd function.
Cheers

Reactions: 1 user

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I have a front blade on my BX22, and it is fixed to the quick hitch, and it works perfectly, and follows the contours of my driveway.
20160101_210401.jpg

Used a rear blade for 40 years - almost idiot proof, just drop and drive. Thought adding front blade would speed things up. Nope it is a PITA, always snagging the ground. Change the angle - have to change curl to level blade. Put FEL in float and front axle lifts instead of blade.

3pt hitch less weight, swiveling connections on both ends of all 3 connection points. FEL arms are solidly connected to each other not designed to be flexible.
FEL is more like a truck frame, thats why the blade needs to float on it's own.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My blade pins to the BX22 quick hitch, not the loader arms. I don't believe in using the loader for plowing, since if you hit something solid, the chances of damaging one arm is a possiblity. The way that the quick hitch attaches to the frame of the tractor, the worse that can happen is the tractor slides sideways, which has happened to me when pushing a wet heavy snow. That is when I switch to the snowblower. If the snow is more than the BX can handle, I have a 1979 F250 4X4 dump truck with a 8' Fisher plow that is capable of moving mountains of snow.
It all comes down to your budget, using the loader with the plow attached to the arms, is a lot less expensive than a dedicated quick hitch costing $750 (approximately). My first plow set up was a 1948 Willis jeep, with a 6' plow and no heater. That was a very, very long time ago. Now, I am more interested in getting it done quickly and comfortably.

Last edited:

RichAllyn

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 25, 2020
Athens, PA
Thank you for all your comments. I worked with my friend today on the new plow welding. We need a few parts, I hope to post when done to show the results. Here in NEPA we had 44 inches in our big snow storm. If I don't use the new blade till next year that will be ok.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I'd like to bump this thread. I have a BX23S and am starting to think about snowplowing/snow removal for next winter. I'm trying to compile a relatively complete list of options.

First, in terms of snow plows, what are the mounting options?
  • non-SSQA mount to FEL arms (assuming one does not have the SSQA option)
  • SSQA to FEL arms (assuming one has the SSQA option)
  • 4-point hitch (requires Kubota's 4-point hitch, obviously)
  • mounts to FEL bucket
Am I missing other options, such as a direct bolt-on to the frame?

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
The BX23S is small and nimble so a 'fixed' blade like a pusher might be a viable option ?
A lot depends on how much snow to remove and WHERE to put it.
With ANY 'blade/pusher' it's super important to push it far,far away the FIRST time....

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
Well I love the plow for my bx23s. I guess to each his own. I have a private road that leads to my vacation house that’s 7/8 of a mile. Did it last Friday with three inches of snow/ice. Worked great. I usually have a guy plow the road and I just do around the house and parking are etc. About 700 ft of driveway.
I have some rocky spots that tripped the plow but I don’t go fast. What’s nice about having it on the front loader is if you have a ton of snow you can stack it up over the previous mound.

Attachments

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
My original post wasn't clear, I am currently trying to understand the options for front-mounted plows.

Eventually I'll start comparing types of plows, pushers, blowers, and with @i7win7 message, rear-mounted blades.

With that in mind, I am aware of the three options I listed (direct to FEL arms, SSQA, 4pt hitch) for mounting a front-mounted plow ... wondering if there are other options for mounting, for a BX series tractor.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
someone makes HIS version of SSQA BUT it is NOT SSQA compatible.....

SSQA was how I ordered my BX23S 3 years ago as 4 pin loaders were a PITA, 4pt hitch wasn't available.

rear blade/blower not an option for me(old back,can't turn....)

built my own version of a selfpowered SSQA snowblower for about $500, hasn't snowed enough to use it...

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
someone makes HIS version of SSQA BUT it is NOT SSQA compatible.....
What's a "HIS version"? I don't know that acronym
And is "4 pin" the usual way buckets are attached to the loader arms? I'm assuming two pins for the up/down and two pins for the tilt

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
What’s nice about having it on the front loader is if you have a ton of snow you can stack it up over the previous mound.
Do you mean having the plow mounted to the arms? Which allows you to push the snow over the previous mound? I ask because I have seen plows that actually mount to the FEL bucket. (note: I just added that fourth option to my original list)