Bx23s snow plow

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
HIS, really his, some guy, his own company, makes his version of a 'quick attachement ' system. NOT compatible with SSQA. said to be lighter weight, gettin old can't member names anymore...
yes 4 pins... 2 to lift, 2 to tilt

what G said, I think , is that AFTER he plows the driveway, he then put bucket back on and THEN moves the snow ,up and over the old windrows of icy snow.

The 'trick' with plowing snow, is that the 1st 'push of snow' HAS to be far,far away from the edge of the road. Once it freeze, you'll need C4 to move it ! Not a problem IF you have wide ,flat frozen ground next to your laneway with no obstacles like trees,bushes, parked cars, etc. It's one reason why I use a blower....snow's GONE first time, everytime !

chriscozi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S 3rdFunction TerraKingBagger 4ftBoxBlade 5ftPlowBlade 3ptQuickHitch
Nov 26, 2020
Rutland VT
www.sugarwoodschool.org
HIS, really his, some guy, his own company, makes his version of a 'quick attachement ' system. NOT compatible with SSQA. said to be lighter weight, gettin old can't member names anymore...
yes 4 pins... 2 to lift, 2 to tilt

what G said, I think , is that AFTER he plows the driveway, he then put bucket back on and THEN moves the snow ,up and over the old windrows of icy snow.

The 'trick' with plowing snow, is that the 1st 'push of snow' HAS to be far,far away from the edge of the road. Once it freeze, you'll need C4 to move it ! Not a problem IF you have wide ,flat frozen ground next to your laneway with no obstacles like trees,bushes, parked cars, etc. It's one reason why I use a blower....snow's GONE first time, everytime !
Well, I have the front blade with third function on a BX23S.
Use it all winter to push - yes right to the edge no problems - and then if it gets too high I just raise the arms and plow the edge a little higher to keep from gouging the grassy edge.
Alternatively it DOES act just like the bucket to push up - then back - any high piles.
Works a treat. All else fails I have a walk behind blower I rarely use (2x in 5 yrs)

I did switch to the bucket recently to scoop up some ICE that was 3" thick. The plow was unhappy trying to scrape it. No way the blower would have touched it either. :)

And the plow does have some catches to keep it from 'springing' when you hit the occassional immovable object - which I normally leave on for snow but off for 'leveling' work.

PS - don't forget a 'plastic' blade edge if you do get a plow and have paving of any kind. That will keep it from scratching it all to heck.

Reactions: 1 user