BX23S rear hydraulic color codes

muddy

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 20, 2021
Ferndale, WA
Hello,

I'm setting up a flail mower that has some hydraulics. I got a valve block for it that I intend to mount on the three point hoop, so it becomes a permanent part of the mower instead of the tractor.

I need to know which of the three connection on the tractor is pump, tank and power beyond. I'm guessing that the blue connector is pump, because it's the only one that's female on the tractor side and the only one that supplies oil.

The bypass (no backhoe) hooks up blue to red, so I think red is Power Beyond. And that leaves black for tank.

Does that sound right, or is it the other way around with blue and red?

Thank you.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
manual, guys are supposed to READ manuals ???? hehehe

OK, probably too late, but did you consider the 'dual rear remote' kit option ?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello,

I'm setting up a flail mower that has some hydraulics. I got a valve block for it that I intend to mount on the three point hoop, so it becomes a permanent part of the mower instead of the tractor.

I need to know which of the three connection on the tractor is pump, tank and power beyond. I'm guessing that the blue connector is pump, because it's the only one that's female on the tractor side and the only one that supplies oil.

The bypass (no backhoe) hooks up blue to red, so I think red is Power Beyond. And that leaves black for tank.

Does that sound right, or is it the other way around with blue and red?

Thank you.
Can't say as to colors but the diagram in the owners manual is pretty clear. Hose #4 is pressure out from the tractor, hose #3 is the power beyond return to the tractor, and hose #2 is tank return to the tractor.

Dan

1659788662339.png

muddy

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 20, 2021
Ferndale, WA
Dan:

Perfect. Thank you!

For future reference, this is black for tank like I thought, red for pump and blue for power beyond. But it's just a couple of colored caps so the actual pic of the hoses is better.

Last edited:

muddy

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 20, 2021
Ferndale, WA
manual, guys are supposed to READ manuals ???? hehehe

OK, probably too late, but did you consider the 'dual rear remote' kit option ?
Umm yes manual 😳

I did a little googling and it seemed like any kit might pose challenges with the backhoe. Plus, with a Summit Hydraulics valve block, power beyond sleeve and couplings I found on Amazon and some hoses i will have made I think the project is going to be around $200 total.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If you are asking questions on these forums when the answers to those simple questions are in your owner's manual, leads me to get the impression that you want others to do your homework. I just don't believe that you will get this together and work without major difficulties. If you do it wrong and damage your tractor or implement, who are you going to blame? Yourself or those that lead you down this road of hydraulic confusion?

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
If you are asking questions on these forums when the answers to those simple questions are in your owner's manual, leads me to get the impression that you want others to do your homework. I just don't believe that you will get this together and work without major difficulties. If you do it wrong and damage your tractor or implement, who are you going to blame? Yourself or those that lead you down this road of hydraulic confusion?
Who has lead him down a road of confusion?

Dan

muddy

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 20, 2021
Ferndale, WA
You! Are making me! Upset!

GRRR!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You! Are making me! Upset!

GRRR!
I also teach English. You should have written: You, are making me upset!

or if you prefer, in Spanish: Me estas volviendo loco!

Italian:
mi stai facendo arrabbiare

and finally, if Henro is reading this: あなたは私を動揺させています

:ROFLMAO:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The drawing in post #4 could have been clearer... like

...inlet hose( TO backhoe)
..outlet hose( FROM backhoe)

just to make it easier to understand
(yeah, I don't like the IKEA guy.....)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I also teach English. You should have written: You, are making me upset!

or if you prefer, in Spanish: Me estas volviendo loco!

Italian:
mi stai facendo arrabbiare

and finally, if Henro is reading this: あなたは私を動揺させています

:ROFLMAO:
Google translate is your friend! 🤣

muddy

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 20, 2021
Ferndale, WA
In case anyone else wants to use the 1/4" Summit Hydraulics couplers and wants color coded caps for them, I designed some 3D printable models so you can make them yourself.

I shared it at:
https://grabcad.com/library/caps-fo...-quick-connect-couplers-ksp-04m-and-ksp-04f-1

The couplers (not the caps) are $34 for a female+male set, which is very inexpensive. Hopefully they'll be durable enough. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XBBF57C

In the pic below, the red cap is an original, black and blue were printed.
fittings.jpg