BX23S mower linkage

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
I'm trying to get the mower linkage to lower so I can install the Under Armour. Keep in mind I don't have an MMM. I turn the height knob and nothing seems to happen. Same thing when I move the hydraulic lift for it. What am I missing?

I hope the quality of the question is good!

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
I'm trying to get the mower linkage to lower so I can install the Under Armour. Keep in mind I don't have an MMM. I turn the height knob and nothing seems to happen. Same thing when I move the hydraulic lift for it. What am I missing?

I hope the quality of the question is good!
Typically, "lowering" the hydraulics requires the weight of the implement being lowered. Heavier equipment lowers faster than light equipment. In your case, no equipment....you may need to pull down on the linkage while someone holds the lever. And it will be slow & hard!

(Also make sure the control valve is all the way open to speed things up)

Last edited:

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Typically, "lowering" the hydraulics requires the weight of the implement being lowered. Heavier equipment lowers faster than light equipment. In your case, no equipment....you may need to pull down on the linkage while someone holds the lever. And it will be slow & hard!

(Also make sure the control valve is all the way open to speed things up)
That's not a very good design if you cannot lower the mower linkage easily with out a load on it. What if someone wants to remove the MMM and then they have the hassle to put it back on.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
The height knob just stops the linkage from dropping any lower than the setting on the knob. Raise the 3 point rear linkage all the way up, turn the height knob to the lowest setting, then lower the 3 p point hitch. The mmm linkage should come down. If it doesn't, look for it hitting something or it may be tied up somewhere.

shiraz627

Equipment
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
The height knob just stops the linkage from dropping any lower than the setting on the knob. Raise the 3 point rear linkage all the way up, turn the height knob to the lowest setting, then lower the 3 p point hitch. The mmm linkage should come down. If it doesn't, look for it hitting something or it may be tied up somewhere.
I should of said this machine is a TLB so there is no 3 point hitch.

shiraz627

Equipment
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
I finally got the linkage to lower by pressing down on the 3pt lift arms and pushing the lever to lower the linkage. I actually had to pull down linkage myself. Hopefully tomorrow I will complete my assignment.