bx23s loader hydraulic leak?

nw010101

Equipment
BX23s
Oct 2, 2022
Sonoma County California
I noticed a few drops of hydraulic fluid and then saw this messy connection to the loader tilt piston. I'm not very experienced with hydraulics. Is a little leakage normal, something I can fix, or a major problem?

IMG_8780.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
NO !
NO 'leakage' in any hydraulic system is 'normal' nor should it be ignored.

If anyone says otherwise, then please , give me just a dollar a day from your bank account. It's just a dollar, no big deal, eh !!

You should carefully clean the entire area, use clean rags and then wiped down with 'spray brake cleaner', wipe again.
When clean, carefully tighten the fittings using properly sized wrenches NOT adjustables.

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
When mine did that I had to rebuild the cylinder. Can be done with a minimum off tooling and a lot of youtubing

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
I wouldn’t use brake clean.

So, if you do get brake cleaner on your car paint, it will damage the paint. This occurrence is due to the various chemicals in the cleaner and how they react to the paint. It wouldn't, however, be a clean removal of car paint. The interaction of the cleaner and paint would cause the latter to peel and chip.
1664816026205.png

https://mycarmakesnoise.com › brakes
Will Brake Cleaner Remove Paint? - My Car Makes Noise

A clean shop towel and a bit of effort will remove 90%. For the rest I would just use some warm water and a mild degreaser. I don’t know if we have any clear coat on our kubotas. We absolutely do not have as much as a new vehicle.

Last edited:

nw010101

Equipment
BX23s
Oct 2, 2022
Sonoma County California
A little late getting back to this. Thanks for all the advice. I just used a rag to clean up and tightened the fitting. No leaks since. I wasn’t sure how tight and there didn’t seem to be a specification so I just did it by feel. Maybe it was half a turn or so.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I wouldn’t use brake clean.

So, if you do get brake cleaner on your car paint, it will damage the paint. This occurrence is due to the various chemicals in the cleaner and how they react to the paint. It wouldn't, however, be a clean removal of car paint. The interaction of the cleaner and paint would cause the latter to peel and chip.
View attachment 88081
https://mycarmakesnoise.com › brakes
Will Brake Cleaner Remove Paint? - My Car Makes Noise

A clean shop towel and a bit of effort will remove 90%. For the rest I would just use some warm water and a mild degreaser. I don’t know if we have any clear coat on our kubotas. We absolutely do not have as much as a new vehicle.
Use paint thinner for cleanup!
It will not damage tractor or automotive paint!