BX2380 Review

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
As I approach the first 10 hours on my BX2380 I thought it would be a good time for a product review. My equipment is a 2017 BX2380. Dealer options I chose:
The FEL is the 344 pinned bucket. I went with this because it offered a little more in lifting weight (about 100lbs) over the quick detach. Primary use is on my 3 acre lot to move and grade dirt.

Land Pride 1248 box blade with quick hitch. This thing is a great piece of gear, functioning as both implement and ballast. The more my skills improve with it the more I appreciate it.

R4 tires with the rear tires loaded. I have some sloping land.

Before I put the first hour on the tractor I did the following:

Installed Piranha Tooth Bar. love this thing, if you don't have one get one. Plus it makes the tractor look more menacing. (get the step bit too)

BX under armor. Well built, took about 10 minutes to install.

2" Spacers for rear wheels only. I opted for the jeep spacer (T6 aluminum) perfect fit. I got them on amazon for about $45 for the pair. Used blue loctite on all threads and torqued to 92 ft/lbs.

Mounted some ATV mirrors, found them to have a little more substance then golf cart mirrors.

Changed original light bulbs to LED.

Hooks, mounted two 5/16 from Ken's Hooks.

Operationally I love the tractor. The combination of loaded rear tires, 2" spacers and box blade really makes the tractor feel grounded. I do all my dirt work in 4wd low range with the bucket kept low to the ground. I have gone up and down the hill with a full bucket of wet sand and felt very stable and had plenty of power.
One thing that amazes me is how little fuel this thing burns. I have been operating the loader in the 2200-2600 range and it has been plenty of power running up the hill loaded. I had put about 5-6 hours on it and burned through only a quarter tank of fuel. The tank capacity is about 6.5 gallons. My MZT-52 has a 5 gallon tank and after mowing for an hour I use almost half a tank(but that is running wide open.
I do have some stumps to come out that are well beyond the capability of this machine, so I will just pay someone with the right equipment to take care of that for me. Please feel free to ask any questions or PM them to me.

Cheers!
Kevin

Attachments

Last edited:

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Looks like a nice setup and nice pups also.
You said you changed to LED. Was there an LED bulb that you just plugged in to the existing light? I was wondering if there was such an option for my standard work lights, will have to take the lens off and see what bulb is in there.

Kevin1

Equipment
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Looks like a nice setup and nice pups also.
You said you changed to LED. Was there an LED bulb that you just plugged in to the existing light? I was wondering if there was such an option for my standard work lights, will have to take the lens off and see what bulb is in there.
The bulb size on the BX is 881, which is also the same size as many fog lights. On the 2380 you can just open the hood, disconnect the wire from the bulb and then with a quarter turn the bulb will come out. I ordered 881 led bulbs on Amazon (about $14 for the pair). Took about 2 minutes to change.

Last edited:

B2R

Dec 14, 2017
Ok
My father is looking at this same tractor can you advise on the price range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin1

Equipment
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
My father is looking at this same tractor can you advise on the price range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't remember off the top of of my head but in the 14-15k range which included the kabota insurance. Great tractor for my needs, I am very pleased with it.

csaturno

Jul 29, 2017
Hamburg
I have a BX2380 that I just bought. I waited 2 years and lots of shopping and I will tell you this- I LOVE the machine. I use it to mow and blow snow and it is a animal. LOVE LOVE it. I wasted time over the purchase and should have done it years ago. Do it you will never look back- I was 15,500 OUT the door no FEL- But I will prob get one one day. Dont really need it but im sure i could find a reason for it ( carry mulch LOL )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpIKWygMQVw

I added some lights - my youtube video.