BX2380 brake question

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
Yesterday I was moving 5 tons of crushed gravel and leveling some areas around driveway project etc. I have it in 4 low most of the time. Anyway after waiting for the mini ex operator to pile up some crap clay dirt and rocks I went in a grabbed a big scoop and took off to dump it about 200 feet away. I noticed the tractor struggling more then normal. When I got back to get the next load I noticed the parking brake was on. I popped it off and all was well again. I did this twice. My question is simple how can I adjust them so it just don't go, or is is this normal? Here is some of what I was moving and grading.
IMG_4335.JPG
68002171406__09AB934B-112D-4D42-934E-4363135C387E.JPG
IMG_4336.JPG

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I'm afraid I don't have your answer, but just a little more info.
My BX2380 has nearly 50hrs on it, but WILL NOT move when the parking brake is on. I know, I've tried (without thinking) quite a few times. I congratulate myself for remembering to set the brake, but then mentally kick myself for forgetting to disengage it. doh

(I can only imagine your brakes are very worn or misadjusted) (or possibly not pushing the pedaldown far enough when you set it???)

...so back to your question !

Good luck Mlarv

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I'm afraid I don't have your answer, but just a little more info.
My BX2380 has nearly 50hrs on it, but WILL NOT move when the parking brake is on. I know, I've tried (without thinking) quite a few times. I congratulate myself for remembering to set the brake, but then mentally kick myself for forgetting to disengage it. doh

(I can only imagine your brakes are very worn or misadjusted) (or possibly not pushing the pedaldown far enough when you set it???)

...so back to your question !

Good luck Mlarv
I have 135 hours on it currently. Every time I stop I apply the brakes. The HST peddle will stop and hold the tractor in place with a bit of movement.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
My BX won't budge with the parking brake engaged. It also whines if I try to move with the brake on.

Try pressing the pedal down more and see if it moves?

Reactions: 1 users

retired farmer

Equipment
tractor, loader, cutter, blade
May 25, 2020
sheridan
Yesterday I was moving 5 tons of crushed gravel and leveling some areas around driveway project etc. I have it in 4 low most of the time. Anyway after waiting for the mini ex operator to pile up some crap clay dirt and rocks I went in a grabbed a big scoop and took off to dump it about 200 feet away. I noticed the tractor struggling more then normal. When I got back to get the next load I noticed the parking brake was on. I popped it off and all was well again. I did this twice. My question is simple how can I adjust them so it just don't go, or is is this normal? Here is some of what I was moving and grading. View attachment 84035 View attachment 84036 View attachment 84034
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that your parking break is working. The bad news is your memory is failing.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious, I looked up 'parts finer' to see how it's done as I have a BX23S... Found it under 'operation NOT 'brake' heading. There appears to be an adjustable link(#s 10,20,30 40 ). Maybe 'shorten' the 'rod', say 2-3 turns of the nuts ??

Attachments

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Hopefully the only damage done is just your brakes! Unless your brakes were not properly adjusted to start with.. you should have been able to hear hst whining and tractor not wanting to budge. I have tried to take off a few times to instantly hear and feel the restraint of the brake but never pushed it to see if it would actually move.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
While my tractor will move with the brake engaged, the HST whine 'screams' and lets me know something is not right. That 'Scream' is the 'Parking Brake is Engaged Klaxon'.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Your tractor is beyond being repaired because of your negligence. You should sell it to one of the forum members for a parts tractor, and buy yourself a new tractor. I will start the bidding at $50 if you will deliver it for free.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
Your tractor is beyond being repaired because of your negligence. You should sell it to one of the forum members for a parts tractor, and buy yourself a new tractor. I will start the bidding at $50 if you will deliver it for free.
Hum I am not so sure about your motives. I think I will chance it, and keep it(-;

• Haha

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
While my tractor will move with the brake engaged, the HST whine 'screams' and lets me know something is not right. That 'Scream' is the 'Parking Brake is Engaged Klaxon'.
Mine will normally not budge and scream. This time it allowed me to go. I had a full bucket both times in 4 low so I am sure I had extraction on the front tires to help move me along.

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
curious, I looked up 'parts finer' to see how it's done as I have a BX23S... Found it under 'operation NOT 'brake' heading. There appears to be an adjustable link(#s 10,20,30 40 ). Maybe 'shorten' the 'rod', say 2-3 turns of the nuts ??

Thanks. I will look and see I can adjust them.

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
Hopefully the only damage done is just your brakes! Unless your brakes were not properly adjusted to start with.. you should have been able to hear hst whining and tractor not wanting to budge. I have tried to take off a few times to instantly hear and feel the restraint of the brake but never pushed it to see if it would actually move.
Mine normally won't move either. I am going to adjust the brakes and see if that get it done. If not I will take the back tires off and see what I can see.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Before actually making any adjustments, make sure you are pressing the brake peddle as hard as you can, before engaging the brake lock. Maybe you weren,t fully engaging the brakes, which allow you to move the tractor. Like others on here have stated, you should be able to hear your tractor whine louder than normal, even with muffs on, if you have set the brake properly, and not at 3/4 of the pressure required to fully set the brakes. Mine will not move once the brakes are properly set.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Mine normally won't move either. I am going to adjust the brakes and see if that get it done. If not I will take the back tires off and see what I can see.
I might be incorrect, but I remember in another discussion that the brake is internal to the hydrostat. I am certain that one of our more experienced Kubota technicians will correct me if I am wrong.

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I might be incorrect, but I remember in another discussion that the brake is internal to the hydrostat. I am certain that one of our more experienced Kubota technicians will correct me if I am wrong.
Hum that will toss another wrench into this. When I get done dealing with the rain and can finish this job, I will pull it into the garage and see what I can see.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You aint the first, and you wont be the last to go with the parking brake on. though my self I have never done anything like that,,, coff coff coff ;) And naww ya didnt hurt nuttin