BX2380 and Snow Blower Problem

tractormike

Premium Member

Equipment
BX 2380, 60" Deck, 50" Snowblower
Dec 13, 2019
Wadsworth, Ohio, USA
I have a new BX2380. I've only put 3 hours on it since taking delivery. All the time has been spent blowing snow. I've noticed if I raise the 50" blower to its full height there is a terrible grinding sound. I'm sure this is caused by something coming in contact with the PTO shaft.The blower was installed by the dealer prior to delivery. I contacted the dealer and was told this is how the system is designed and there is no fix. This is very hard to believe. I can't imagine Kubota putting this system in the field with such a design defect. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and/or is there a fix for it?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Could be your U joint halves grinding against each other with the drive line angle is acute.

I've done that before on my hay mowers when I forget to open them up it cut hay and the drive line angles are acute.. It grinds and I stop real quick. If that is what it is, it will show as shiny marks on the knuckles and continuing to run them at that angle will cause them to fail.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Is it possible that what the OP is hearing when the blower is raised to its maximum is the squealing of the relief valve that controls the lift cylinder?

Of course it would be easy to rule out that possibility by raising the blower to its maximum without the pto being engaged.

Last edited:

chrismane

May 16, 2020
USA
It***8217;s a shame, of course, but I don***8217;t think that***8217;s a defect that would come from the factory. You need to get it fixed, or change it. It***8217;s your right, you know. And do it faster, before it***8217;s too late. There***8217;s a certain period when you can change it. My friend is an avid fan of snow blowers and he sent me a review of some here https://www.growgardener.com/top-5-best-tractor-snow-blower-combination-reviews/. I***8217;ve only used one of these and I haven***8217;t had any problems with it. I recommend you to chose carefully next time your brand, although Kubota is one of the best, I must say.

Last edited: