BX2380/23S Rear remote kit

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
I have the 80 series BX23S and am looking for info on the rear remote kit for the BX2380

I have some pics from other threads of it installed. Im trying to work out what I have to do to install this on the BS23S.

I understand the BH frame support prevents this being offerered for the 23S.
What im looking for is more onfo on what the issue is.

From pics im guessing the valve is too wide when the BH support is installed but thats just a guess

Not sure if the issue is the hoses, valve position ect ect.
Any specifics would help a lot.

If I have to make a new frame support, so be it that wount be hard as I have a CNC Plasma ect ect ect. I can also deal with a bit more width as I have 3in spaces fitted to the back.

Id rather redo the BB frame suport to get factory kit lever position than mount a spool on the ROPS. Just my preference

Sqidget

Equipment
BX24
Feb 5, 2011
Richmond, RI
There are multiple fit issues. One being the entire rear frame assembly doesn't have enough clearance for the valve, the backhoe already uses the return port on the transmission that the remote valve would mount over, and you would have the bracket with the quick couplers digging into your legs when using the backhoe, if the steel lines to the remotes allow clearance for the backhoe mounting clamps.
I haven't tried on a 23s, only an older BX24. I still have the majority of the kit in my garage. I do not believe the externals of the BX trans have been changed, and other than flat face couplers, neither have the backhoe hydraulics.
If you do succeed please post pics of what you did.
Also if you have large spacers, could you mount a spool valve on a plate mounted to the side of the frame? I don't have that option due to cutting deck clearance.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
There are multiple fit issues. One being the entire rear frame assembly doesn't have enough clearance for the valve, the backhoe already uses the return port on the transmission that the remote valve would mount over, and you would have the bracket with the quick couplers digging into your legs when using the backhoe, if the steel lines to the remotes allow clearance for the backhoe mounting clamps.
I haven't tried on a 23s, only an older BX24. I still have the majority of the kit in my garage. I do not believe the externals of the BX trans have been changed, and other than flat face couplers, neither have the backhoe hydraulics.
If you do succeed please post pics of what you did.
Also if you have large spacers, could you mount a spool valve on a plate mounted to the side of the frame? I don't have that option due to cutting deck clearance.

I dont see the the plumbing as an issue. I can make new hard lines and have the benifit of the local hydraulic fitter lives next door!!

From what I can see here
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29826

In the 3rd pic the locatopn of the coplers will be ok but lines may have to be remade.

In the same pic the valve sits outside the frame, so that will interfear with the frame support breacket. Im thinking it may be easy to cut a section out of the frame support and weld in a new section in. IE make a bubble in it.

I also have the option of mounting the valve to the frame support but that would mean makeing new hard lines for the coupler as well. Dont think clearance will be an issue dong that as I have spacers bhut would mean taking them off would not be an option. Would also have to make new or modify the handles

Im thinking most of the kit can be used If I modify the frame support bracket. Then I would only have to deal with the P, PB & return lines.

Im off to order a kit this week and will deal with it in latter. Will be away for a month with work so just trying to get ahead of the game as best I can.

Assuming I get it fitted Will document the replacement parts.
If the frame support needs to be altered I ill cut make a new one on the CNC Plasma so it can be returned to factory if required. I can then also run off some ore if anyone else wants one.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Went over to the the dealers a few days ago.

As it happened he had a kit in stock and I managed to get a loan of it.
Long story short I worked out I could make it work but the effort needed was not worth it.

So moving forward I am looking at using a remote valve.

I can easily access the hydraulic lines at the transmission and leave the BH unaffected. The easy way is to put the valve inline with with the loader lines at the trans.

The spool can mount on the frame support bracket with the remotes pocking out the back.

The next thing to work out is the controls. Im looking at two options for this.
First replicating the OEM handles and using switches and solenoids on the valve.
The next and my preferred option is to use a cable control on the valve. Im going though some options on this now. As my neighbour is the local hydraulic fitter, he is getting in some controls we think may work. If we can find one that fits I will go that way. It also makes for an easy kit others can replicate.

On a side note while looking at this found perfect diverter valve to use on the BH. The plan is to upgrade to a hydraulic thumb diverting the curl to operate the thumb.

Leaving this weekend for work so with a bit of luck the BH will be done when I get back. Hoping to make some more progress on the remotes before I leave as well

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My quick read of the BX23S WSM shows the hydraulic flow first going to the Hoe and then, using a PB port on the hoe valve, to the FEL.

It is not clear to me how you are going to connect into the loader valve

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
The Loader lines is connect at the hydraulic block on right side of the trans case. This has the P, PB and T ports for the loader. All that is needed is to tap the T port and remove either the P or PB line and put the valve in line with that.

If you use the P port the new valve would be before the loader and behind if you use the PB port.

I will probably remove the "P" port line from the block to the loader valve. From the remote valve make a new lines to the block "P" port, loader valve and "T" port via a T piece

Reactions: 1 user

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
OK so made some progress.

I have a 2 spool valve that will work and have a good Idea on how the connections will be made.

After checking out various samples have settled on a solenoid driven one.
It will fit under the guard. I will only need to make a mount bracket to extend the fuel tank bracket mount.
So it will be between the tail light and frame on one side and the fuel tank/guard on the other.

This allows the outlets to tuck under the guard and not impede anything when the BH is mounted.

The P, PB and Tank lines are easy and wont have any need to alter the OEM lines for the BH.

I wont be using the OEM style levers but will mount a joystick (electric) control. Still tossing up if it will go where the FEL 3rd function button is or where the OEM controls are.
Have to wait for a few joysticks to arrive before deciding that.

Not much more that I can do for now as im away for work for the next 2 weeks. (I work FIFO).
I expect some more progress when I return