BX2370 RPM Gauge

PhotoDj

Equipment
BX2370
Nov 13, 2015
Ontario, Canada
My RPM gauge started to act weird a few days ago. On start up the needle would jump to a random number and once started it stay at that number while idling. As an example the needle would jump to 2500 rpm and show 2500 as the idle speed. If I increased the throttle the needle would move but would be 2500 rpm above what it should be.
Now the needle is pegged fully clockwise when off or running. It doesn't return back to the 0-500 mark.
Has anyone had this happen?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
My understanding of it is that the alternator sends pulses to the 'computer' and the computer then drives the RPM meter. If it isn't touching the cover like Ed says, then my guess is a connector isn't seated properly or maybe some wires are touching ?

PhotoDj

Equipment
BX2370
Nov 13, 2015
Ontario, Canada
My understanding of it is that the alternator sends pulses to the 'computer' and the computer then drives the RPM meter. If it isn't touching the cover like Ed says, then my guess is a connector isn't seated properly or maybe some wires are touching ?
I'll check to see if the needle is touching. It seemed to move fine until it got to the position where it is now.

I'll take a look for loose wires.
This is what the gauge looks like when off and running.

Attachments

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
My cluster was doing weird things like that, had to replace the cluster due to water intrusion, lucky it was still under warranty. Was told by the dealership they have had to replace a few of them. Mostly the ones stored out(mine) or the owner washes the tractor(not mine).