BX2350 Major Repair Advice Needed

John3141

Equipment
BX2350
Apr 18, 2021
2916Denali
Hi everyone I need some help.
Yesterday I rolled my 2007 BX2350 over in its side on my property.
I got it upright with the help of our Jeep and winch but it took some severe damage to the rear fender and front hood.
Going to to a more detailed inspection this afternoon on miscellaneous parts.

My question - Does anyone still sell body parts for a 2007 BX230? I am going to need to replace the upper and lower front bonnet and the rear fender. Will probably have some other miscellaneous parts in there as well.

Thanks in advance for your help
John

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
First off, glad your ok. I would check out either messicks.com or colemanequip.com for replacement body panels. If they can still be ordered, bring the list to your local dealer. I'm sure they will be pricey, but fortunately, the most valuable thing made it out ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Just a quick search shows Messicks has the hood and fender kit in stock. Looks to be a serial number break on the fender kit so you will need that.

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Do not start the engine!!!

The risk is that fluids have entered the cylinders and rotating the engine will bend or break connecting rods as the piston tries to compress an incompressible fluid.

You need to remove the glow plugs and turn the engine manually looking for resistance which is not good. Trapped fluids can escape through the open glow plug openings.

Dave

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You called it a Bonnet, rather than a hood, which tells me that you are outside of the US. If this is the case, then you will have to source parts locally, since shipping will be more than the cost of the parts. The "fender" is a one piece part that goes from side to side, and will require some help to get it off. I don't know when the started or stopped using plastic body parts. This is another consideration. If it is metal, you might be able to find a body shop to straighten the parts and paint them.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Do not start the engine!!!

The risk is that fluids have entered the cylinders and rotating the engine will bend or break connecting rods as the piston tries to compress an incompressible fluid.

You need to remove the glow plugs and turn the engine manually looking for resistance which is not good. Trapped fluids can escape through the open glow plug openings.

Dave
First thought here too!

BUT I will also confess that I tipped my B2910 on its side once, and while there was no damage, I did right it quickly and start it, and all was fine.

MY logic (at the time) was that there was not enough time for oil to leak past the rings and cause a hydro-lock situation. Perhaps true, but I learned later, I think from a NWI Wolfman post, that the real danger is from oil that follows the path between the sump and valves, via the PCV tubing. I WAS LUCKY!

Hopefully the OP was also lucky if he started the tractor after righting it...A damaged engine is much more of a major problem than some bent sheet metal!

John3141

Equipment
BX2350
Apr 18, 2021
2916Denali
First off, glad your ok. I would check out either messicks.com or colemanequip.com for replacement body panels. If they can still be ordered, bring the list to your local dealer. I'm sure they will be pricey, but fortunately, the most valuable thing made it out ok.
Thanks. I’ll check them out.

John3141

Equipment
BX2350
Apr 18, 2021
2916Denali
First thought here too!

BUT I will also confess that I tipped my B2910 on its side once, and while there was no damage, I did right it quickly and start it, and all was fine.

MY logic (at the time) was that there was not enough time for oil to leak past the rings and cause a hydro-lock situation. Perhaps true, but I learned later, I think from a NWI Wolfman post, that the real danger is from oil that follows the path between the sump and valves, via the PCV tubing. I WAS LUCKY!

Hopefully the OP was also lucky if he started the tractor after righting it...A damaged engine is much more of a major problem than some bent sheet metal!
That was my first thought too and took the precautions. It wasn’t rolled completely over just on the side and was quickly turned back over. Everything seems to be running ok. I pulled off the mower deck and inspected the underside for any bent linkages.

John3141

Equipment
BX2350
Apr 18, 2021
2916Denali
You called it a Bonnet, rather than a hood, which tells me that you are outside of the US. If this is the case, then you will have to source parts locally, since shipping will be more than the cost of the parts. The "fender" is a one piece part that goes from side to side, and will require some help to get it off. I don't know when the started or stopped using plastic body parts. This is another consideration. If it is metal, you might be able to find a body shop to straighten the parts and paint them.
Mine is all original plastic and Im in the US

Reactions: 1 user

Ollie1650

Equipment
BX23XX
Oct 22, 2020
Atlanta
Find a serial number for a BX2360 and tell the dealer you need all of the fender and hood parts for that BX2360. BX2370 or BX2670 will work except for the floor pan.
This will give you a long lasting hood, fenders, and floor pan.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi everyone I need some help.
Yesterday I rolled my 2007 BX2350 over in its side on my property.
I got it upright with the help of our Jeep and winch but it took some severe damage to the rear fender and front hood.
Going to to a more detailed inspection this afternoon on miscellaneous parts.

My question - Does anyone still sell body parts for a 2007 BX230? I am going to need to replace the upper and lower front bonnet and the rear fender. Will probably have some other miscellaneous parts in there as well.

Thanks in advance for your help
John
Messicks says they have it in stock:

Upper Bonnet - $150
Fender kit - $970 (ouch!!!)

Even so not bad considering what car parts cost......

Dan

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Thats not a major repair! Those are just pretty parts. Anyway glad you are ok and sounds like you have the answer.