Bx23 Mower deck lift

dvto2

Equipment
Bx23 and implements
Feb 26, 2019
east granby
2003 BX23.

I bumped some stuff with the mower deck and the lift stopped working. Years ago, I broke a rod that runs from the rear of the tractor to a lever on the deck. However, this rod appears intact. I do not see any movement in the rod when I try to raise the deck. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Could the lift arms have come off or broken with the “bump”? Can you see the lift arms doing anything when you raise or lower the deck?

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I can hear the hydraulics straining but nothing moves.
Sounds like something got jammed? Don’t know if this would cause your problem but what is your height knob set to? If it is set on “top” perhaps this would do it?

dvto2

Equipment
Bx23 and implements
Feb 26, 2019
east granby
I'll check that but not sure how getting stuck in top would prevent it from going down. It's tough to see what's going on. Maybe I should take the wheel off to get a better look.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I'll check that but not sure how getting stuck in top would prevent it from going down. It's tough to see what's going on. Maybe I should take the wheel off to get a better look.
Me either…maybe have someone operate the up/down lever while you are underneath watching? Good luck! Probably something simple.

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
From your pics that isn't the lift rod. Stand behind the tractor and on the left side near the top of the left wheel, the rod and sliding mechanism are there . Make sure there still pinned to the upper 3 PTH arm that comes off the rockshaft. Like someone else mentioned if the 3 pth arms aren't lifting or going down , check to see if something has gotten bent or jammed up.

dvto2

Equipment
Bx23 and implements
Feb 26, 2019
east granby
The nuts and collar are off the back of the lift rod. Anyone know the size of the nuts? I'll probably have to schlep over to the dealer.

Reactions: 1 user