BX2200 Rim backwards

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Hi all,
So I just purchased a used BX2200. It is my first tractor, so I am trying to educate myself on it. I was checking tire pressures etc and I believe the previous owner had one of the rear tires mounted wrong. The tread is directional and going the correct direction, but rims are dished where they mount to the hub. The right rear is dished in (would give a slightly narrower width) and the left rear is dished out. Another reason I am thinking this is because the valve stem on the left rear is on the tractor side of the rim and the tire is shifted out enough that the pin that holds the guild wheels on my belly mower cant be removed. Hope that makes sense. I Am at work right now and cant grab a pic.

I was thinking I was gonna flip the rim so it is mounted correctly, but then the tread direction would be flipped. Any issue with this?

Tires are not turf tires. Called AG tires I believe.

Thanks

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Are the tires filled? If not, pull wheel off and get friendly with a set of tire spoons. If they are filled, drain them, then get friendly with tire spoons!

Had some guys mount the wheel backwards on an F2690 mower at work. Valve stem was to the inside. Luckily we have turf tires, so I just spun the whole wheel around the correct way.

Reactions: 1 user

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
:) Buy 2 tires and rims for the left side, now you have a spare pair of rear tires :)

sorry couldn't resist.

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Back a long time ago when I was growing up on the farm I have seen some cases where tires were purposely mounted in the way you described to make the tires offset. The reason for this was because the operator sometimes had to sit for long periods of time sideways and looking backwards at rows of crops. My family sold the farm more than 55 years ago so I was too young to care about operating tractors back then but I do remember seeing the tires mounted offset on at least one of the tractors back then.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The offset wheel could have been for clearance of whatever implement the previous owner was using. For example, on my tractor with a disc mower behind, the right wheel needs to be in alignment with the gearbox of the mower so the tire is not running over grass that needs to be cut.

The valve stem could be on the inside for protection if often mowing heavy brush.

The wheels were probably installed to meet the requirements of the previous owner, or the treads would not be running in the correct direction.

Change them or leave them as you want it does not effect the function of the tractor otherwise.