Kubota BX1880
Jan 29, 2022
Alberta

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The ones for the Jeep are the ones that I have used in the past. https://www.amazon.ca/ECCPP-Hubcentric-5x4-5-Cherokee-Wrangler/dp/B01N2U7CHK?th=1 The inside diameter doesn't matter since you will be centering the wheel as you install the nuts on the studs as you tighten them. The only time that the center hole is important is on road wheels, not tractors. Just make sure that you use a mild Loctite on the studs that hold the spacers on. On my last BX22, I used the 1 1/2" spacers and it felt secure to me. Going wider is a personal preference.

Reactions: 1 user

ODF

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Jan 29, 2022
Alberta
Thank you for the replies. I decided to go with the 2 inch spacers since I do alot of loader work and the idea of having a wider stance just makes a bit more sense to me. I probably will in the future get 1 inch spacers for the front too but not until I get bigger tires for the front.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thank you for the replies. I decided to go with the 2 inch spacers since I do alot of loader work and the idea of having a wider stance just makes a bit more sense to me. I probably will in the future get 1 inch spacers for the front too but not until I get bigger tires for the front.
Those 1" spacers for the front will not be as helpful as the back - the problem is that the front pivots on a center pin - while making it a bit wider will help a bit - it will not be felt like the rear spacing will be felt!

Load your tires too - helps a lot - and place ballast on rear will help tremendously.

Reactions: 3 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Don’t do it! Almost no benefit as far as stability goes and great risk to overstress the front axle components due to the geometry of the components there, as compared to the rear axles.

Bigger tires for the front? Not advised, unless you never use four-wheel-drive! (or at the same time get proportionally bigger tires for the rear)

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Better take out a damage insurance policy if you add spacers to the front wheels. It will get very expensive very quickly and you are going to need deep pockets to pay the cost of the parts that will need replacing.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
By the way, if you look at the jeep wheel spacers you will see they are hubcentric. This matters not on the BX, BUT gives you the ability to double them up. If you need a wider width later for whatever reason.

Bee-Positive

Equipment
BX1880
Nov 16, 2022
Amsterdam, NY
If you mow in the summer measure the distance from your rear wheels to the anti-scalping wheel bracket on the MMM to determine how wide a wheel spacer you can use. Two inches will be close. Too wide and you'll be cleaning rubber off the brackets. You can always put them on and take them off as needed if you go wider - I'm too old for that.

Torrin

Equipment
B2650, loader, Front snowblower, Cab, driveway drag, backblade, brush mower
Jun 7, 2014
Mecosta County MI USA
I know that this may not be relevant to the original posting, but will the same spacers work for my BX2680?

Bee-Positive

Equipment
BX1880
Nov 16, 2022
Amsterdam, NY
I know that this may not be relevant to the original posting, but will the same spacers work for my BX2680?
The BX1880 has 24×12.00-12 rear tires with 5 lug - 5x114.3mm (5x4.5 inches) - (71.5mm 1/2" Studs)

The BX2680 has 26×12.00-12 rear tires. I think the hubs are the same size. Measure yours to double check.

I did a search on 5x4.5 spacers and got a ton of results with a huge price range.

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
All BX tractors have the same rear stud mounting pattern going back as far as 2004. I also know that some of the BX series used a smaller rear tire than the 26x12x12, and I believe that it was a 24x12x12, and it was only the tire size that changed, the rim remained the same.

Reactions: 1 users

js312

Jan 28, 2024
New England
I'm curious if your tires are loaded. Mine have beet juice in them and so far the tractor is more stable than I expected after reading all the horror stories. I plan to carefully and gradually try uneven terrain as the ground firms up to see if I feel I actually need any more improvement. If I do, I'll probably stick with 1.4-1.5" to minimize stress to the rear end since I already have loaded tires.

Side note - if you have the 48" MMM, you don't need to be concerned with the size of the spacers. Bro-tek confirmed that and now that I have my tractor I see why. The anti scalp wheels are well in front of the rear wheels, so spacing the rear wheels won't cause interference.