BX1880 v BX2380 Frame and Drive Train the Same?

ghenz

Equipment
none
Jul 29, 2018
Dubuque
I currently have a Deere X720 with a front-end loader i made many years ago.

I am considering a BX as a replacement. For all intents and purposes, the BX1880 is fine for me since I will be doing 90% mowing and this machine is certainly capable in that respect. However, I like bigger badder tractors, but not price tags. I am trying to find out a couple things about the BX1880 like whiy the smaller wheels? Is this just a Leverage / gear ratio thing so that Kubota can produce a little more ground torque with a smaller wheel? Given that the 1880, 2380 and 2680 all have the same wheel base I am guessing they are all the same frame? The difference in wheel height explains the ground clearance also, again assuming they have the same drivetrain. Where is the difference in width coming from though?

Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes all three have the same parts, just different engine.

Yes the only other difference that I can find is the tire size and yes that is probably to make up for the lower HP and torque.

ghenz

Equipment
none
Jul 29, 2018
Dubuque
Yes all three have the same parts, just different engine.

Yes the only other difference that I can find is the tire size and yes that is probably to make up for the lower HP and torque.
In my research it seems that Kubota made the previous 18HP BX's on smaller frames, but it appears that starting with this series (80 series) they kept everything consistent? Based on that, there should be no reason a person could not run full size wheels and tires.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
In my research it seems that Kubota made the previous 18HP BX's on smaller frames, but it appears that starting with this series (80 series) they kept everything consistent? Based on that, there should be no reason a person could not run full size wheels and tires.
Nothing other than cost and lower ground power available. ;)