BX1860 Block Heater Kit

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

I finally picked up a block heater kit for my BX1860 - part number is 70000-02324.

The kit comes with instructions but look to be a really poor photo copy, so all photos appear black and black unintelligible.

Can someone that has this block heater kit in their 1860 be so kind as to take some pictures of the install in their tractor and either post or PM me? I’d really like to see how the heating block is secured to the engine as well as how one of the hoses enters the thermostat housing.

I’ve attached a picture that a member supplied in a post from a couple of years ago. Some close ups would be super helpful for me.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
These install instructions have the same picture as you posted and a picture of the connections at the thermostat housing.

Attachments

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Awesome, thank you! I see the instructions make mention of pipe sealant; is this just Teflon tape?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Awesome, thank you! I see the instructions make mention of pipe sealant; is this just Teflon tape?
Pipe sealant usually means "pipe dope". Personally, I like Rectorseal #5 Soft Set Slow Dry, because it is easy to work with, and when you have to take it apart later on, it breaks loose easilly. They also made other sealants that are specific purpose sealants. I never like using Teflon tape on anything other than old threaded fittings, where the threads have been rounded off from being taken apart many times in the past. On new threads, the sharp edges of the threads will cut the teflon into ribbons unless you use multiple wraps of it.