BX1500 losing power wanting to stall...

reamer

Equipment
B2400, BX1500
Jun 6, 2018
Ashford CT
Hi all,
This is verry strange (to me) It has a loss of overall power, and wanting to stall. It will idle fine at low or high rev, (this is a hydrostatic machine), But shifting into either high or low range it sputters and wants to stall, but shifting back to neutral position it returns to a good idle.. because of this I removed the fuel filter and replaced it with a new Racor filter/water separator. the pump filled the bowl rather quickly but the problem still exists. will idle fine but a load on it and it will stall. Ail filter is clean, thank and fuel Look clean too, Fuel in filter bowl is clean...

Any thoughts of what to look for next?
Thanks
Ron

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
When you turn the key - can you hear the fuel pump "tick" - assuming it is much like all BX's.

I would first remove the hose that comes into the Racor filter - place it in a glass jar, turn the key - does it push the fluid into the jar "quickly?" Or does it slow down after a few seconds?

I am betting you have a restriction IN the line OR at the tank - I would also imagine the tank is very much the same as all BX machines - not a fun thing to remove. Report back on the fuel to jar test.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Maybe check the fuel lines as well, they do get soft and squishy and collapse closing off the flow

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Are you saying that just moving the lever to high or low range without trying to move the tractor with the hydrostatic pedal makes it want to stall? If so, very strange.